File management help please.

ThaArtist

Im using Audition 3. My concern is file management. I have to be missing something.

Ok. Say Im recording in a multitrack session and the artist is needing alot of takes. Them files stay on my computer!

Is there any easier way to keep things clutter free then going in the folder and deleting all the extra .pk and .wav files that I dont need? After all wav files are huge and add up fast. I dont need 50 extra wav files that Ill never use in each project folder.

I wish there was a "delete from computer" option in the file list pane instead of just "delete" (from the list).

Or else ???

WHAT DO I DO?

You wrote it? Wow Im impressed. What language?

Also... I dont want this thing deleting files in sessions that I need!

How does it determine what to delete and what not to?

You wrote it? Wow Im impressed. What language?

Also... I dont want this thing deleting files in sessions that I need!

How does it determine what to delete and what not to?

Yep I wrote it - Its in VB but i have re-written some core aspects in C/C++ which I use in AATranslator.

It doesn't actually delete any files from the hard disk - it moves the unused files to a nominated location.

It examines the SES file to see what files are actually used in the session and then it isolates the others but also there is a facility to omit certain files from being moved eg If you always bounce your mixes down to .....- mix.wav then you can specify not to move anything ending in ....mix.wav, *.doc, etc

Its very flexible and has saved me hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of diskspace and stops you backing up useless files.

Its all in the manual but no-one reads that - LOL

Back