Latency/Drift $50 reward for fix

windows sound system is overriding it. But check the system log to see if there is a hardware fault involved.
I stop using windows 7 when they started screwing with the OS with updates. I switched to Windows Server for my DAWs. The advantage of that is the windows audio modules are not installed so they never get in the way.Plus everything runs faster and more smoothly. I picked up a single license from the gamer's outlet at a cheap price. https://www.gamers-outlet.net/en/buy-microsoft-windows-server-standard-2022
I've recorded a few more songs since this post. It definitely has something to do with the m-audio drivers/software.
If I close/reopen the program when I'm having issues, it'll temporarily fix the program.
Strangely, sometimes it takes 3-4 times of doing that.
That said, I also tried using Reaper. There are zero issues in that program.
I think it's some sort of compatibility issue with the m-audio device, driver, audition, and windows.
Probably because it uses ASIO drivers and Audition 1.5 does not.
Regardless, I only have a couple tracks left to record.
Thanks for the Windows server idea. Never thought about trying that.

This interface is not a digital mixer type interface. so it should have some latency. That is why it has an analog direct/mix knob because its not designed for daw monitoring. On these programs if you set the latency too low it will adjust them. So if it should have 130ms of latency and you adjusted it down, its going to increase every time a new track is added.

Back