Native Instruments Plugins Loading Issue

hknight

My first post here. I thought it best to join this forum than spend all day going in circles. Hello to all and I very much appreciate any help on this issue. I'll be as brief as possible. 1. I open Komplete Kontrol. 2. I choose session guitarist and can hear a preview of my selection. 3. I click on it and get this window:

Loading Issue
Plugin not found. Please open the standalone application to rescan, or rescan manually in the Plug-in preferences.

I have tried rescanning, choosing different folders within Ableton and within Native Access. It seems to be a simple setting error on my part of looking at the wrong place for the plugin, I have included screenshots of native access settings as well as ableton. The name of my external drive is "musicfiles" in the screenshots. I have my content there. Perhaps the problem is I have some applications saved on my mac and some on the external? Not sure. From my screenshots I have two folders on my external drive with native instruments items in them. One path is musicfiles>applications>nativeinstruments and the other is musicfiles>usersshared> and you can see my list of plugins. I'm not sure if this is what is causing the issue or if this is the file management that is needed? Thank you in advance for any clarifications.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.08.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.08.32 AM.png
    398 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.10 AM.png
    594.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.19 AM.png
    920.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.11.43 AM.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.12.24 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.12.24 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.12.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.12.57 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Are the files actually in the native instruments folders - to be honest, I have many of the same libraries and mine looks like yours. I wonder if it's a sharing issue - it's trying to place them in a protected or different permissions folder. In Komplete Kontrol, do other libraries get loaded OK?

Everything I try to open in Komplete Kontrol will not open and gives the same message. Whats very interesting I just realized is if I open Alicia Keys for example in Kontakt 7 it does open. I tried this for several plugins. I mean if I try to open the same plugin in KK it doesn't open. When I try in K7 it does open. So apparently the issue seems to be with KK itself?

As far as where they are now I just brought everything to the same place at the front of my external hard drive and now I am rescanning in the standalone KK plugin. Will edit here with the result.

*UPDATE*

I finally just decided to uninstill and reinstall KK and that did the trick. 🥳

Last edited:
Did you discover anything that confused it, or maybe it just lost the proper folder to look in? Glad you sorted it - nightmare.
I didn't look that much into what caused it as I just wanted to get to writing my song. The only thing that seemed to work was to reinstall KK so that everything was fresh with links etc. I just moved all my plugins into the same folder in case it was a problem reading from multiple folders and then reinstalled KK which fixed the issue. First I put all plugins in the same folder and that didn't do anything when I rescanned in Ableton and recscanned in the standalone KK plugin. So then I reinstalled the KK plugin and that did the trick. Hope this helps someone in the future when reading this.

Back