Exporting from PC to Livetrak vs importing from Livetrak via USB or Audio Interface modes

DannyMcO

Is the functionality of Card Reader mode two-way? Can you paste a bunch of WAV files from a folder on your computer into a project folder on the Livetrak?

My thought here is to create a bunch of blank projects on the Livetrak, and then paste individual tracks into those projects. I'm hoping the Zoom project file will update based on folder contents, and that Livetrak allows editing of the SD card via PC link (even though it doesn't allow formatting of the SD card on a PC), because I have a couple of hundred multitrack projects to import, and not enough hair remaining on my head to pull out by importing one-track-at-a-time on the unit.

I know you can't edit the ZDT file itself, but can you rename the audio tracks or project names on the SD card in your Livetrak using your computer? It would certainly be easier to use a keyboard than the painfully tedious scrollwheel.

The only thing the manual says that's relevant is that you can check or copy an SD card in the Livetrak. No word anywhere else about off-device editing or even file pasting via a connection, or even if it's possible to import files using a PC link via either the Audio Interface or USB Host modes.

You don't want to use the Card Reader mode.

According to the manual (page 72) you can import wav audio files from USB Flash drives, not from the SD cards. You need to create "ZOOM_L-20" and "AUDIO" folders on the USB flash drive and can only put WAV audio files in the AUDIO folder. I assume that you need to make sure that the files conform to the project settings. You probably can't import 24bit 96K files into a 16bit 44.1K project.

You have to select the file and then choose where to assign it.

As for reassigning names of projects, that might be possible but you'll have to try it. Don't just change audio files, as you'll surely confuse the machine. The ZDT will say to load ABCD.WAV and you've renamed it VWXYZ.WAV. Boom... you'll get an error. The same thing happens if you rename files in Reaper. If the RPP file looks for GUITARSOLO.WAV and you renamed it to STRATGUITAR.WAV, then it throws up a warning that the file is missing.

Back