Fender MX-5200 Mixer

LP2006

Selling or trading a large, 24 channel mixing console. The make is a Fender Mx5200.

I used it mostly for the 24 mic pre-amps. Phantom power is available on all pre-amps, but is divided into six groups. Each switch turns on phantom power to it's respective group. Ideal for situations when you need to mix dynamic and condenser type microphones.
The mixer is pretty beat up, when I got it it didn't even work, but I got it into working condition. It powers up, and I know that the pre-amps work fine. The right side of the mains has decided to work on and off lately, so when I've wanted to send a main mix I've had to either go mono, or play with the right main's connection to get it to work.
I know that returns 1 and 4 work well, and that the headphones out and control room outs work well. I also know that all the channels send to the mains when switched on. Mute switches work well, I've never really had a need for the solo function.
The auxillary sends aren't doing to well, sometimes they work, but they are always noisy.
I've noticed that returns 2 and 3 bleed into each other, so I don't use them. I really only use submasters 1 and 4 as well. I think 2 and 3 also have some bleed problems. Missing a few knobs and slider covers.
Personally, I would keep the thing (but wont have room for it) because the 24 preamps have been very usefull and decent. I've also used it for various live sound applications, including a live show at the Kellogg Center on MSU, where the mixer ran for 6 hours straight in stereo without a single problem (I was suprised!). Runs on a fairly large external power supply.

I've tried to represent the condition of the mixer accurately, but to reiterate, it is in faily poor condition. I've used it manly for the preamps, and it has plenty of them! I will include in this post pictures of the power supply and mixer.

I'm asking for $240 local pickup strongly prefered, but if you're willing to pay an arm and a leg to ship it, i'd be more than happy to ship it to you :cool:

local pickup is in the Lansing, MI area. I will also be up closer to traverse city later this month. I'm also willing to travel half way to Detroit/Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids to get rid of it.

once again: $240 for the beast. thats $10 a preamp. I'm also willing to trade for something smaller (mixer wise)/pod xt/mics/whatever.

Attachments

• mixer1.jpg
    mixer1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 556
  • power supply.jpg
    power supply.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 556
Selling or trading a large, 24 channel mixing console. The make is a Fender Mx5200.

I used it mostly for the 24 mic pre-amps. Phantom power is available on all pre-amps, but is divided into six groups. Each switch turns on phantom power to it's respective group. Ideal for situations when you need to mix dynamic and condenser type microphones.
The mixer is pretty beat up, when I got it it didn't even work, but I got it into working condition. It powers up, and I know that the pre-amps work fine. The right side of the mains has decided to work on and off lately, so when I've wanted to send a main mix I've had to either go mono, or play with the right main's connection to get it to work.
I know that returns 1 and 4 work well, and that the headphones out and control room outs work well. I also know that all the channels send to the mains when switched on. Mute switches work well, I've never really had a need for the solo function.
The auxillary sends aren't doing to well, sometimes they work, but they are always noisy.
I've noticed that returns 2 and 3 bleed into each other, so I don't use them. I really only use submasters 1 and 4 as well. I think 2 and 3 also have some bleed problems. Missing a few knobs and slider covers.
Personally, I would keep the thing (but wont have room for it) because the 24 preamps have been very usefull and decent. I've also used it for various live sound applications, including a live show at the Kellogg Center on MSU, where the mixer ran for 6 hours straight in stereo without a single problem (I was suprised!). Runs on a fairly large external power supply.

I've tried to represent the condition of the mixer accurately, but to reiterate, it is in faily poor condition. I've used it manly for the preamps, and it has plenty of them! I will include in this post pictures of the power supply and mixer.

I'm asking for $240 local pickup strongly prefered, but if you're willing to pay an arm and a leg to ship it, i'd be more than happy to ship it to you :cool:

local pickup is in the Lansing, MI area. I will also be up closer to traverse city later this month. I'm also willing to travel half way to Detroit/Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids to get rid of it.

once again: $240 for the beast. thats $10 a preamp. I'm also willing to trade for something smaller (mixer wise)/pod xt/mics/whatever.
I have one of those power supplys, I was wondering what it went to. Thanx!!

Back