extreme metal song

I have to say, I've never heard anything like that before. Is it supposed to be that way? I can't distinguish anything. There is no beat/groove or anything to lock on to. It almost makes me dizzy (seriously) I couldn't imagine listening to this loud.

Wow, it's just freakin weird. Could you actually play that song again? Except for a couple parts here and there (like the beginning) it sounds like random riffs and nobody is playing the same song.

I don't know what to say! It's not bad. I just can't comment on a song like that.

HangDawg said:
I have to say, I've never heard anything like that before. Is it supposed to be that way? I can't distinguish anything. There is no beat/groove or anything to lock on to. It almost makes me dizzy (seriously) I couldn't imagine listening to this loud.

Wow, it's just freakin weird. Could you actually play that song again? Except for a couple parts here and there (like the beginning) it sounds like random riffs and nobody is playing the same song.

I don't know what to say! It's not bad. I just can't comment on a song like that.

yes it is to supposed to sound that way. There is a beat and groove, i guess you cant pick it up becasue its faster than the music you listen too(?????)
yes i could play it again.
Im supprised your not commenting on the vocals!!!:cool:

detuned6 said:
yes it is to supposed to sound that way. There is a beat and groove, i guess you cant pick it up becasue its faster than the music you listen too(?????)
yes i could play it again.
Im supprised your not commenting on the vocals!!!:cool:

It's not the fact that it's fast. I just can't make any sense of it. And, ummmm there was vocals in there????:D

Oh, wait, giving it a second listen.

If I do a severe EQ cut in the low mid's I starts to clear up a little. It's waayyyyy muddy.

I'll give anybody $10 if they can write these lyrics down for me :confused:

Ahaha! I got quite a kick out of it after reading everyone else's comments first. I too would be impressed if you could play that exact same thing again. The abrupt and random sounding signature changes do give it a disconnected feel. It sort of sounds like 10 different songs that you took short clips of and scattered them about the song in no particular order. But I can't tell you its not art, I guess I just don't understand it.

Good luck with it :D

Sounds like pretty standard Death/grind to me, in structure and in production. I just listened over my laptop speakers though, so I probably missed something. I guess what I'm saying is that it all sounded typical. Not notably great, nor bad...just typical. It also, like most death metal, failed to hold my interest very long, but thats just me.

uuuuuhhhh.....yeah! Well I've heard a lot of death metal in my life but this is a whole new world. It would be impossible to comment on this.

Detuned6- Honestly I don't know what everyones problem is. I listen to plenty of Tech/death like this, actually all styles of metal. Im not on monitors so I won't make any major mix comments. The one thing my ears are begging for is to have the kick cut through a little better. I can hear that it has plenty of click so I suspect it has something to do with the bass or maybe even guitars masking it a bit. I will say that for the style, you pretty much nailed the sound/production on the drums and guitars.
Nice work man

did a pretty good job on the mix. is that one long gutteral in the beginning? i think it could use some more highs all over; the whole mix just seems really bassy. i turned my treble up to +10 and my bass at 0 on my speakers to get it to sound good. ;)

i'd recommend bumping up somewhere between 5-7k on the guitar and vocals and see how it sounds. also, pan some things out if you can. i can't tell if they are (i'm on altec 2.1s at work so it's not like i have my monitor headphones. lol)

good shit though. where you from?

the guitar, bass and vocals are all lacking definition. you can barely tell what is being played and for this kind of stuff especially, there's so much going on that you need everything to be really clear.

I read all the posts before I listened-- I was expecting to hear crap to be honest-- But THAT WAS SO FUCKIN COOL!!!!!!

I LOVED it!!! MAkes me want to go get my Hubby home rite now and throw a beast lay down!!! I have never heard a better all out screw song!!!!

Forgive my bluntness but that is how I am!!!!

finally some metal people chime in.....

wireneck:
thanks man, the kick, my biggest disapointment of the mix, there actually is 2 kick tracks and a trigger trak in there. Ive allways had a hard time getting a good sound out of it. it dosent seem to whant to

Lysis:
yes, thats one long growl in the beginning, when the musick comes in there is another voice. I tune my guitars to "b flat" and im using a mesa rectifier. So theres lots of bass going on. ill have to clean it up a bit.Im from RI.

betty rumble:
get your groove on girl :D. Thanks for listening.

Detuned6- Im not on my monitors but I think the kick is getting buried because of the low end of everything else. Don't be afraid to low pass the guitars. They will still be heavy as hell and this will help the bass as well as the kick cut through.
Boosting the freq where the click in the kick is can't hurt either. (somewhere around 13k). You may have to cut some of the low mids out as well. If you have a descent triggered kick sound in there, its more than likely a eq problem with the guitars and bass. Cut a spot out for the kick. Maybe some of this will help.

I'm also surprised that some people have never heard anything like this before.

It's a sweet song, but I agree, the mix is muddy as hell. There's no definittion in the guitars and the bass is lost. Bringing out the kick would be good too. The vocals are also a little muffled. Don't get me wrong though, it's a very good rough mix. Now it just needs some cleaning up. Sweet guitars too.

grinder- you are totally right. I don't know why i typed 13k lol, I was picturing my parametric eq in my head but i guess the numbers got jumbled. Im not much of a number kind of guy anyways, i usually just turn knobs untill things sound good.
3k is the right freq though. Sorry about that Detuned6.

WTF!!!!

Is that the first time you've ever picked up a guitar....It needs more composure, more order, and more purity. The facts about Metal are that it can still be thrash, dirty, heavy, powerhouse metal, but it also needs to be pure, the listeners need to hear whats happening, not just guess whats going on, clean it up, and make your singer learn a few notes other than C.

This mix isnt too bad. The blasting isnt on time though. It needs to be in sync with the guitars. Vocals can be a bit brighter , along with the kick drum. Remix and post

GOOD LUCK!

Back