Extreme Black/death Metal Round 2

Very good mix. I bow in humility before the audio evil of Vargath, Asferoth and Adramlech. Cool - almost Baroque - ornaments in the descending line at :58... well I guess that's just indicitave of a truly evil guitar technique.

How do I get a t-shirt?

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Very good mix. I bow in humility before the audio evil of Vargath, Asferoth and Adramlech. Cool - almost Baroque - ornaments in the descending line at :58... well I guess that's just indicitave of a truly evil guitar technique.

How do I get a t-shirt?

Tim

HaHa, Thanks Tim. Hey, I'll keep you posted on the T-shirts :D

I like that song. Reminds me of Behemoth with a touch of Kataklysm at around .25sec.

Great guitar sound.

I like the voice tone, but my personnal taste would like to hear that with much less reverb.

Did you tryed many type of bass-drums before choosing this one? It's well mixed, but it's a bit too crispy to my taste.

I'd like to know what kind of microphone you used for the vocals on this? I'm looking to get a mike (currently looking at the AT2020).

I'm gonna retrack the guitars way heavier this weekend! Also gonna redo some of the vocals, this song is gonna get even more evil!

later

This short song is wicked cool. How did you record it? I am just getting into some home recordings and none of my stuff sounds anything like yours. I would love to pick your brain a bit on this recording. I also love the drum machine sound. It is just perfect.

I have one song I have recorded in my apartment, if you liek you can check it our here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481840

Let me know what you think of it and what I can do for a better sound, mix and so on. Thank you...

Bloodsoaked said:
This short song is wicked cool. How did you record it? I am just getting into some home recordings and none of my stuff sounds anything like yours. I would love to pick your brain a bit on this recording. I also love the drum machine sound. It is just perfect.
I have one song I have recorded in my apartment, if you liek you can check it our here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481840
Let me know what you think of it and what I can do for a better sound, mix and so on. Thank you...

Hey man, I will give your song a listen a little later when I have some peace and quiet here at work. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. You want to know how I recorded it? I'll guess you're talking about gear and such so here goes.

Drums are Drumkit From Hell Superior because none of the drummers I know can play that fast.
I program the drums and record in Sonar 5.
The guitars were done with my Jackson Soloist through a JCM 900 into a Marshall 2x12 cab. The guitars on this song are the scratch tracks. I never tracked the final guitars, so this sound is not what I'd be after normally.
Anyway, they were mic'd with an SM57. One track on each side just so I could play the harmonized parts. Normally I would come back and retrack the guitars with my 5150 II and do at least 2 tracks per side, and probably re-amp the guitars through the 900 as well. I would probably also throw a Sennheiser e609s mic in the mix on at least one track to get that bright character that it has. I started retracking the guitars this weekend but I didn't get to finish because I had another band to record. I'll post this song again when I get them finished.
Anyway, the mic pre is an FMR Audio RNP and I use an M-Audio Delta 44 and Delta 66 for my interface.
The bass is done with a Sansamp RBI. Basically a rack mount version of their bass driver pedal with a few more features.
In addition to DFHS, I also use Drumagog to add in a real clicky kick sample along with the original kick sound, because I like that kind of kick in this music.
Anything else you want to know, fire away!

thanks for all the info metalhead28, Some of the things you talked about I am not what what they are. I am brand new to home recording. I have only recorded one song: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481840 please do let me know what you think after you listen. 2 guitar tracks, 2 vocal tracks and 1 drum machine track. I just can not get a god guitar sound. I have the follow set up:

Jackson DKGMT Kinky w/EMG
Marshall MG Series 250DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Acoustica Mixcraft Recording Software
Acoustica Beatcraft Drum Machine Software

ANy and all help would be great. I am in the process of trying to re-record my one song I have but I really want a good guitar sound and I would love to get a drum sound half as good as yours. Thank you...

Great job!

and most of all of congrats for making the drum works wich is excelent
this song really stands imo for the others death metal i heard. The echoes voice, and what you did with those reverbs is just awesome! :eek:

I know I'm little late but WOW! Thus stuff kicks some serious arse. Those drums sound awesome. Think I'll take your advice on DFHS :D

legionserial said:
I know I'm little late but WOW! Thus stuff kicks some serious arse. Those drums sound awesome. Think I'll take your advice on DFHS :D

Thanks alot dude. You won't regret jumping into DFHS, it's an amazing piece of software.

metalhead28 said:
Drums are Drumkit From Hell Superior because none of the drummers I know can play that fast.
I program the drums and record in Sonar 5.

Is the DFHS a drum machine program/software or is it just drum samples that can be added to drum machine software for different sounds?

Bloodsoaked said:
Is the DFHS a drum machine program/software or is it just drum samples that can be added to drum machine software for different sounds?

As I said in your thread. DFHS is a library of samples plus a sampler plug-in that will run in the host software of your choice. You need software with MIDI functionality to use it.

Back