Extreme Black/death Metal Round 2

systmovadown said:
ALAS!!! i am back

the first track i've cared to listen to.

wow metalhead.
you just keep getting better and better.

the vocals remind me a lot of behemoth...
eh just my 2cents.

fucking crazy guitar tones.

Thanks, I was listening to alot of "Demigod" when I did this track so I understand the Behemoth similarities. I'll take that as a compliment! :D

Thanks for listening!

Grey Angel said:
I hereby declare myself to be metalhead28's bitch.

:D

Do you understand what you're getting yourself into? I am a twisted fucker....you might regret it!

:p :p :p

I guess that means you like the song! Thanks! ;)

I'm digging it. Musically it's nothing new to me as I listen to a lot of BM but it certainly sounds like you could be doing this genre seriously if you wanted to. I'd only go for a little more originality in the riffs. Performance and recordingwise it's pretty solid.

i don't really know many BM bands with original/mindblowing riffs.

that being said, i dug this song a lot. good ol' melodic black metal(with a hint of death, of course)

Mistral said:
I guess you've never heard the new Kalmah ;)
lots of bands are doing original stuff these days, you just have to dig for it.

well i have a hard time calling kalmah black metal, though.

the song "heroes to us" has THE heaviest intro of all time. i love it.

You're right, they're not straight up black metal, but who is anymore? And their vocals have become more deathy, but the black metal spirit is still there. Heroes to us is an old song, The Black Waltz (album) is much more intense than any of their previous efforts, actually.

Mistral said:
You're right, they're not straight up black metal, but who is anymore? And their vocals have become more deathy, but the black metal spirit is still there. Heroes to us is an old song, The Black Waltz (album) is much more intense than any of their previous efforts, actually.

speaking of "but who is anymore?"

the new darkthrone is terrible.

Thanks guys.

I'm glad you like the recording...and yeah, the riffs were all written and recorded in a couple hours, so I suppose it could have been a little more thought out / original. Some of it was just improvised tremelo picking and I had to go back and listen to it so I could double the guitar afterwards..... :p
This is miles away from the sort of stuff I normally do, but this stuff is loads of fun.

ericlingus said:
what genre do you usually play metalhead?

Hmm...that is not very easy to answer....

If I had to pick one genre, it would be technical death metal like Atheist, Death, Cynic....stuff like that. Death is easily my number one influence musically.

I like stuff with progressive elements, lots of guitar solos, off time rhythms. I'm not a blast beat / full speed ahead kind of person. I like that element thrown in the mix here and there, but not as the backbone of the music like this track was. That is ultimately boring to me.
This track was just a fun experiment.

Back