Event TR5

sonis_youth

Does someone have these? My first choice was a pair of Wharfedale's but I can't find them here, so the Event TR5 seem like a good alternative. Any opinions or other suggestions?

I've got a pair of PS6 monitors I really like. They were <$300 including shipping on eBay.

I've got them... they are fine. Took a while to get used to and definately lack some bass but they are pretty good. I also get some definate radio interference.

apl said:
I've got a pair of PS6 monitors I really like. They were <$300 including shipping on eBay.
I've got a pair of PS6s, too. Tell me something, apl: Do you use them with or without a subwoofer?

HapiCmpur said:
I've got a pair of PS6s, too. Tell me something, apl: Do you use them with or without a subwoofer?

Without. I'm not a big fan of subs and I think the bass is adequate. Maybe if I was doing something more bass intense like hip-hop. Anyway, they're working for me. I wouldn't want to go any smaller on the woofer, though.

I like my TR5's. They do miss a little of the low end, but that's okay for what I do. I'm stepping up to 8's next time I upgrade, though.

I've got the discontinued Event Tria's....

They are the PS5's, w/ all the amps (3-way) housed in a subwoofer....

Sometimes you can find them for ~$400.... They used to sell for $999.

I don't have much to compare them too, but I think they're better than my ears are!!! Capable of gobs of bass.... I hate that.... I keep the controls set at about 12 o'clock, and CD's and my mixes translate pretty good. The sub just fills in what the 5" woofers can't deliver....

sonis_youth said:
Does someone have these? My first choice was a pair of Wharfedale's but I can't find them here, so the Event TR5 seem like a good alternative. Any opinions or other suggestions?
The only way is to make a cd or bring the ones you been listening to a lot lately, and go listen in the store. I didn't like the tr5's or the 8's or the bx8's or the samsons, i got bx5's. But that's my ears.

and then, It took me a long long time to ajust to them. I had to constantly, and still do to this day, switch to my old crappy stereo set up, b/c I know how thing sound on it.

Back