Equalising volume across different DI tracks

JesusLizardJr

Bit of an odd one, hoping someone can suggest something.
Im using various DI tracks and re-amping these live through 2 separate amps/cabs which are mic'd up for recording. An issue im facing is that certain DI's appear to be louder than others so when re-amping certain songs have louder parts.

Im wondering if there's anyway I can take all these DI tracks and equalise the volume across all of them so that when coming out of the amp they're fairly equal across all tracks? Rather than have one track with louder bass than the next.

Thanks

You can do many things - Compression to even them out - or you could use something like Waves MaxxRider to balance each track.

You can do many things - Compression to even them out - or you could use something like Waves MaxxRider to balance each track.
Thought about this but im not sure how compression could work, I would need all the DI tracks to be a similar volume, I can compress them but im not sure how I would create a standardised volume across several different DI tracks this way? Waves unfortunately is Windows im Mac and not sure how it works.

Hoping to find a plugin or process of sorts that sets all the "volumes" of the DI's the to same so when they're being re-amped I dont have different levels across different tracks if that makes sense.

Thanks.

Thought about this but im not sure how compression could work, I would need all the DI tracks to be a similar volume, I can compress them but im not sure how I would create a standardised volume across several different DI tracks this way? Waves unfortunately is Windows im Mac and not sure how it works.

Hoping to find a plugin or process of sorts that sets all the "volumes" of the DI's the to same so when they're being re-amped I dont have different levels across different tracks if that makes sense.
Waves is Mac Based. You use compression to limit the gain - you would have to set it for each track - to match volumes among them all.

For volume, just go through and adjust the clip gain. If your DAW allows plugins directly on clips, eq them that way. Why let a machine decide how to eq things?

Are we talking about EQ? If it’s just volume, does your DAW not have a loudness normalize process? In Reaper you’d just select them all, normalize, wait a little while for it to process, and be on your way.

Back