En-Voice Mindprint Pre Question

Twinnesota

I am looking at a used En-Voice Mindprint Pre and I wondered if anyone knew who works on them [in the Midwestern US] in case something goes wrong with it. Also, what might a complete refurb run in $...

I would hate to have to send it all the way to Germany for service.

Thanks,

T

PS--any general comments about the pre would also be appreciated.

You may want to take at look at mindprint.com, may have service places listed there, or at least info on getting repairs

I tried for an hour to find a link that sold me on mindprint (besides chessrocks rave reviews of it). It was a write up from a guy who just got back from recording school. He had up a picture of a nice rack with 20 difrent high end pre-amps in it from the school. it also looked like a nice place to learn thru the other pictures he posted.

He said most people couldnt tell when they switched from pre to pre (they went thru all 20 recording the same source)until he plugged in the mindprint and the clarity in the highs was very noticable to all in the class;).

he was talking about the dtc thou not the en-voice, but the review still sold me on the mindprint bandwagon;)

If your looking at the one on ebay........you aint goind to get it for 70 bucks. It will probably go in the 400-500 range when the auction is over(gotta love ebay:rolleyes:). When i find something on ebay i like......... i only use the search button. That way i dont jack up my own bid:D Why are you so afraid its going to break. these are built good and as long as you dont toss your gear like a yard dart it will probably outlast your studio.....this aint berry gear we are talking about :p:p:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Feb-13-08 at 14:12:24 PST, seller added the following information:

I WILL GIVE A 3 (THREE) DAY INSPECTION PERIOD TO THE WINNER OF THIS AUCTION IN ORDER TO VERIFY THAT THIS UNIT IS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE ASK ME IF THE UNIT WORKS. I STARTED THE BID OUT LOW WITH NO RESERVE TO ENCOURAGE BIDDING. THANKS.

I use the DTC, very nice box with crystal clear sound and lots of ways to tweak it. It gets more use than my Avalon 737s.

If your looking at the one on ebay........you aint goind to get it for 70 bucks. It will probably go in the 400-500 range when the auction is over(gotta love ebay:rolleyes:). When i find something on ebay i like......... i only use the search button. That way i dont jack up my own bid:D Why are you so afraid its going to break. these are built good and as long as you dont toss your gear like a yard dart it will probably outlast your studio.....this aint berry gear we are talking about :p:p:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Feb-13-08 at 14:12:24 PST, seller added the following information:

I WILL GIVE A 3 (THREE) DAY INSPECTION PERIOD TO THE WINNER OF THIS AUCTION IN ORDER TO VERIFY THAT THIS UNIT IS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE ASK ME IF THE UNIT WORKS. I STARTED THE BID OUT LOW WITH NO RESERVE TO ENCOURAGE BIDDING. THANKS.

Incredible reply...and thanks for your help !!!:o:o
T

Well, it went for $200, and everyplace I searched to find out about it said not to pay over $100 for one...
T

I would have paid 70-100 bucks for one

That ebay for ya... I save money and time using ebay as a high reference in price then i search: friends, bbs, craigslist, and then local gear shops.

I remember watching an item that had 12 views. If you searched the name you would only find one on all of ebay. Some one on here out of dumb luck posted a question in the mic forum about that same peice of gear. Within an hour it went up over 50 views(and they didnt even post a link):rolleyes:

You could try a WTB(wanted to buy) ad.

Yes, the problem with used stuff on ebay is you just never know what you'll really get in the mail [quality vs. crap].

Using it for reference is probably the best way...

Thanks,

T

The speed at which that email comes back should tell you everything you need to know.

Hey shill, just got the response:

good decision to pass the EN-VOICE to qualified personnel. We have an authorised MindPrint service center in Atlanta, Logical Sound in Tucker. Hope it is o.k. for you to send the unit there.

LOGICAL SOUND
2620-D Mountain Industrial Blvd.
Tucker, GA 30084

770.934.4887 phone
770.934.7771 fax

Logical Sound is a pro audio repair center with long lasting experience in analogue tube equipment. They have all spare parts/service schematics needed and can certainly bring your EN-VOICE back to life again soon. Your contact person is Miss Rebecca Love, you can reach her at rebecca.logical@yahoo.com. Please say hi to her for me! :o)
With best regards,

Dirk Decker

Produktspezialist
MindPrint Deutschland
Tel. +49 6851 905-0
Fax +49 6851 905-104
mailto:ddecker@musicandsales.com
www.mindprint.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Music & Sales P.E.GmbH
Tritschlerstr. 3
66606 St. Wendel
Germany
www.musicandsales.com
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken, HRB 80889
Geschäftsführer: Hans Stamer, Lothar Stamer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mhanson_3@charter.net (Mike Hanson)
An: info@mindprint.de (MindPrint Support)
Betreff: Support: MindPrint EN-VOICE need servic

T:rolleyes:

Back