Electronic laptop live music

vnz

Hello there.

I do enjoy laptop music, like four tet, fennesz or third eye foundation, and I, on a quite drunken night, said to myself
"You, too, can do it, mate" (I call everyone mate, when I'm drunk, including myself)

On the morning after, right after having taken a dozen aspirin pills, I said "Right, you really can do it, Vincent, but you really have no clue about 'how'..." (when sober, I call everyone by their proper name, including myself)

So, enough of this, the question :

Which software could I use, preferably free... (Yeah, that's the tricky bit, I know)

I run Linux, so if there is one for linux, it wd be an extra bonus, but the windows programs wd be just fine...

So, thank you, fellow boarders, and see you soon (probably when, on another drunken night, I'll try to actually install it)

ya know...i got up this morning after a bad sleep and i went to mow the neighbors lawn. this wore me out so i came home and watch maury povich for a while. then i got up and decided to look online to see if i could help someone. thats when i came across your post.

does n track work on linux? I'm not sure it does but check into that. also try cnet.com and look for some software freebies there

Get Audiomulch for a bit of 20-min Jim O' Rourke digital jamming sort of stuff, it's hypnotic i tell thee. Just start streaming to a file and build up all sorts of crazy shit, keep doing that until your eyes fall out then chop and import to a multitracker for fucked up noise-fun.

I saw loads of laptop stuff at All Tomorrows Parties when Autechre curated, admittedly lots of it was fairly average, but there were some real gems like Jim O' Rourke's set. There's some great laptop-noise-terrorism happening in Bristol, UK at the moment. Thankfully lots of it has moved on from the tired formulae of "nice kiddy electronica", if you know what i mean.

There's also a standalone version of TS404 out there somewhere, download that and you'll suddenly be missing several days of your life.

Back