Electric - Guitar Rig 6

Hey guys bit of a noob here. I got a cheap haze guitar online, not sure if its that or my ears (or maybe both) but I'm going for a nice warm round distorted (semi decent studio quality) electric sound but what I'm getting is just too rusty, rough , over the top and unpleasant to listen to. Any pointers of what I'm doing wrong (what I'm using too much or not enough of)? So I'm using drum off my MIDI keyboard and have noise reduction to start off both my guitar tracks plugin chain. Got EQ scooping out the bottom end and boosting a little on the highs. Compressor too, even got a compressor on the master output but with or without all these it still seems a bit too harsh. Any feedback is appreciated

PS: Using desktop Win 10 64bit. Komplete audio 2 interface (native instruments) and the guitar rig.
I really haven't had much luck with audio interfaces, everything from condenser mics, acoustic guitars, electric guitar and even my MIDI keyboard sounds a bit rough and distorted.

Wine from Tears - Like a fallen leaf guitar jam - Guitar Rig 6 - YouTube

Last edited:
Distortion is kind of funny that way. What you hear in the room may sound just right, but what you pick up on the track might sound a LOT more distorted. Try pushing the gain or the distortion on the pedal or amp back a few notches.

Sounds like something pretty basic is going wrong here...but without anything to hear...we can only guess. So...post a sample for us and I'll bet we can walk you through the solution. What are you playing your tracks back on.....headphones....monitors...details?

Isn't the blue line of text a link to the sample? It's what I based my distortion comment on. I realize it was probably edited on, though...

Isn't the blue line of text a link to the sample? It's what I based my distortion comment on. I realize it was probably edited on, though...

OK. That works. I skipped that thinking it was part of your signature.. not a sample.

Check this out - is this the direction you're heading for?

Hey guys sorry I posted off my phone not sure if the link worked but I'll try again

Hey Mickster, headphones mainly but I've listened on monitors and on my phone, all sounds 'dirty' and harsh it's just that it's amplified more on headphones.

PS: I also forgot to mention I have the switch on the bridge pickup which gives the raunchier sound. From all the tutorials I've watched, they never really mention what the settings on the actual guitar should be so I wasn't sure. Have the gain knob at about 80% and the tone knob about 90%
Wine from Tears - Like a fallen leaf guitar jam - Guitar Rig 6 - YouTube

Last edited:
OK. That works. I skipped that thinking it was part of your signature.. not a sample.

Check this out - is this the direction you're heading for?

Yeah, you'll notice how clean his sound is even when he really distorts it at about 6 minutes in. Not sure if he has any effects going on behind that pedal though? BUt yes that's more the sound I'm going for - a heavier Judas priest, Black Sabbath, Iron maiden type sound but clean.

Last edited:
Pedals were never my way. I'll tell you about what is the best distortion 'system'.

Get a ADA MP-1. Find the 3.666 mod kit for it. That is the best. 3 micro pots control the EQ shelves. They be extended or dampened. The gain stage also gets a micro pot. Squeals and chunks like nothing else. The 666 mod was developed by the designer not ...some guy.

A 666 mod is better than a MESA Triaxxis. Hard recto tones. It will go places pedals cannot dream of.

ADA made the best equipment. Nothing can touch them. The factory burned in 1996. Never made anything close to that since.

Bogner Fish era was okay, and the Triaxis of coarse is amazing. But the MP-1 can be modded to get any sound you want. Truth. Todd Langner designed all of them. He passed in 2008.

It might be a good idea to grab a MP-1 and put it up in your closet somewhere. See what happens.

Bogner Fish $4-5000 Langner creation.
Triaxis $1500 but its gonna go up. Langner.
DCP-1 Creator $10-12,000. All Langner.
ADA MP-1 Langner's original guitar masterpiece. $250? WTF?

Screenshot 2021-02-21 124913.jpg

Last edited:
Back