Electric cello

My magnetic train wreck. It WORKS! I'm shocked!It was unbelievably easy to make.Made it out of parts from a pickup I cannibalized.Only has a few hundred winds of the wrong gauge wire(32, I think.)
The output is very low, but I'm amazed that it worked on my first try.
Time to browse Stewmac!:D

Attachments

• pickup.jpg
    pickup.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 20
Don't do Stew Mac. I'm in the UK but I'm sure JCH can sort you with what you need or give you a place to get stuff way cheaper and more of it., he's your side of the pond.... Shoot him a PM....

---------- Update ----------

In the meantime browse some of his pickup winding threads for tips and possibly a few of mine for moral support....;)

Don't do Stew Mac. I'm in the UK but I'm sure JCH can sort you with what you need or give you a place to get stuff way cheaper and more of it., he's your side of the pond.... Shoot him a PM....

In the meantime browse some of his pickup winding threads for tips and possibly a few of mine for moral support....;)
Will do! Already came to the conclusion that Stewmac aint for me.

My severe mental retardation is making it difficult to find much, in terms of your threads, or JCH's. Any help appreciated.

There was a ton of stuff in the HR design thread and also a load of stuff in the LP build thread I did. You can find links to those are in the thread in my sig. There is also a load of stuff on pickup winders that JCH and myself have exchanged here some where. Start on my build threads and JCH will chip in with more precise stuff...

Start here....

There is a bunch of stuff on the pickup design burried before this post but you can rewind to that if you want...

and here...

JCH will be able to link to his stuff which may well be more informative.... I'm a wood butcher not a pickup designer...;)

You will need to scroll though a lot of crap in the HR build thread to get to the glory bits..:)

There was a ton of stuff in the HR design thread and also a load of stuff in the LP build thread I did. You can find links to those are in the thread in my sig. There is also a load of stuff on pickup winders that JCH and myself have exchanged here some where. Start on my build threads and JCH will chip in with more precise stuff...

Start here....

There is a bunch of stuff on the pickup design burried before this post but you can rewind to that if you want...

and here...

JCH will be able to link to his stuff which may well be more informative.... I'm a wood butcher not a pickup designer...;)

You will need to scroll though a lot of crap in the HR build thread to get to the glory bits..:)
Already finding good shit! Thanx, Mutt! :)

Back