Edit in Soundforge, but then how do i get the track back into ACID?!?!

Acoustic_Daddy

Hi guys,

quick question.

I know how to edit a track in soundforge, to add reverb, etc, but then how do i import that track back into ACID without having to save the wav file and overwrite the original track?

All i wanna do is be able to edit the original track, then import it back into ACID without overwriting.

Any help appreciated, thanks ;)

Save the edited file under an new name and then import that one back into Acid. You'll still have the original under the old filename to fall back to if you need to.

The beauty is that in Acid you can load both files as alternate takes for the same clip if you like, making a switch betwen them very easy.

G.

OK, i've tried that.. I saved the wav file under a different name, then imported it back into ACID, but it just appears there as another track, with no wav bits in the actual editor. I can't see the peaks and troughs, etc, in ACID. It just appears in the left hand column as the filename, but nothing in the main bit of ACID..

Ah, OK, if I understand you correctly, you're halfway home. You have the file imported into Acid, but you haven't yet actually inserted it into the timeline anywhere. There are a few different ways to do this, but probably the most basic method is to just grab the filename with your mouse and then drag it to where you want it in the timeline editor.

Look in the help file for stuff like recording tracks, insterting tracks and alternate takes for more options.

G.

After playing around with ACID for a while, i discovered that once you have opened the track using File - Open, you then select the paintbrush tool, and in the timeline, click and drag along, and the track will appear.

Acoustic_Daddy said:
How do you do the effects in ACID?

I'm running ACID Pro 5, and i can't find the reverb/distortion, etc effects...

Correct me if I'm wrong MadAudio........but isn't this another ENVELOPES answer?!?!

You should be able to add an effects envelope

[EDT] I'm wrong that's only for automated effects...

you want to add an effect in the "Chain"

on the lefthand side in the track name box look for a green "chain link" right click and that should say "Track FX" and lead you to your effects

Well, that's one way to do it. I tend to put effects in the main bus and use the sends from the tracks. I generally use the effects envelopes when I want to automate fx.

Anyway, Acoustic_Daddy, adding effects is all covered in the manual. Your fx should have installed when you installed ACID.

Back