Dual win7 64?

Lately I have done some updateing to my computer and among other things I've made the switch to win7 64bit. Before I had 2 seperate licenses for win xp installed on 2 different physical harddrives. I wonder if someone have done like this with win7 64bit and if that casused any problems with windows or the computer as such and if so what were they..

Hi,
not sure why you had two different licences on two hard drives, I assume that the drives were being swapped into the same machine.

Win 7 licencing can be tough as when installed it takes an inventory of the system and you may find that if you make too many changes the licence will cease especially if it is an oem licence. Had a client who changed their motherboard due to a failure, as it was a different motherboard microsoft refused to re-licence win 7 as they say win7 oem licence is for the machine it is supplied on and the motherboard is effectively the machine and if that has died so does the licence. Obviously it wouldnt have been an issue if they had replaced the motherboard with the same model as change would likely have gone unnoticed but it is something to be aware of with win 7 oem software.

Not sure if this relates to your queery, perhaps you could provide more info on what your concern is.

Back