Problems with Babyface (original – not Pro), Windows 10 and Acid 11.

Hi! Newbie here,

I have an original Babyface sound card installed in a Windows 10 computer with (1) 500 Gig SSD and (1) 2 terabyte hard drives, 12 gig of RAM and an i7 processer. I updated the drivers and firmware for the Babyface when I installed the latest version of Acid.

When I originally installed the new Acid, my Babyface was working fine. I had both Master out from Acid and headphones. I messed with something on the software either in Acid or on the Babyface software mixer (Total Mix), and now I can only get Mains through my speakers if I switch the Acid mixer Master to “Analog 1 (1) Analog 2 (2)”. The Headphone jack only works (at very low volumes) if I switch the mixer Master to “Analog 3 (1) Analog 4 (1)”. Then there's the fact that the mains volume is so loud since this all happened I risk blowing my speakers when I hit play if I don't turn it down to almost nothing.

Who knows what idiotic thing I did to end up in this mess?

I can’t figure it out. I’m a songwriter, not a electronics engineer...or 21. LOL

Any ideas?

PS: for the record, I bought the gear several years ago and due to a serious health issue I never got around to using it so this is the first time I’ve actually used the Babyface. I’ve got a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Back