Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:

I would vote if it mattered.

It does in local elections. Very often local elections are decided by less than a 100 votes and they will have a direct impact on your daily life. The presidential election, I think it matters, how much???

We had a referendum recently about changing out voting system to the Alternative Vote which seemed like a really good idea. However, the two main parties both undermined it using bullshit rhetoric and disinformation 'cos first past the post suits them as it tends to lead to a two party system.

Its quite rare in the UK for a party to get more than 40% of the vote and they never get 50%. The Tories had a pretty confortable win in the election last year gaining an outright majority with 36% of the vote.

On top of your single vote not really mattering, we're also only presented with two viable candidates from very flawed political ideologies. If you choose to participate in the circus, you have to pick one of two sides. You can vote for an independent or weirdo, but that is literally throwing your vote away, and if you believe in your vote, throwing it away is a silly thing to do. So you're forced to vote for what you believe is the lesser of two evils.

I think it's all a joke. I cannot imagine our forefathers envisioned this being our democratic process.

Did you see the last Donald Trumpism? Making fun of asians . . . Either he's on some serious drugs or. . . well . . he's on serious drugs. He's not even funny anymore, just an idiot.

someone mimicking Asian broken English = bigot
someone mimicking a southerners southern drawl =funny and all in good fun

I would like to see the US get a third party going. I fear however, as screwed up as we are now, a real third party would shut down the system.

It does in local elections. Very often local elections are decided by less than a 100 votes and they will have a direct impact on your daily life. The presidential election, I think it matters, how much???

If something came up in a local election that mattered to me, I'd vote on it. My vote does count in a small local election because there are no middle-men called the electoral college. But so far nothing has mattered enough for me to bother. I don't care if they wanna build roads and football stadiums. I like roads and football stadiums. But I know for certain my vote doesn't matter in the presidential election. If you think yours does, knock yourself out. They'll give you a sticker for it. :)

I think it's all a joke. I cannot imagine our forefathers envisioned this being our democratic process.

Based on what I remember of history, this method was done due to how slow it was to count votes and get the results back timely. This method was a way to just send a delegation and cast the final vote at a conference. It looked good on paper.

Based on what I remember of history, this method was done due to how slow it was to count votes and get the results back timely. This method was a way to just send a delegation and cast the final vote at a conference. It looked good on paper.

Surely counting votes is slow. But I'd rather it take time and matter then be quick and not matter. But then the counters could come into question, so fuck it all.

Like most things in the constitution, maybe it's time to make some giant sweeping changes.

Our system is a rigged a system. Even if a 3rd party candidate won the popular vote he's not join to get the electoral votes. Ultimately I guess they could win but there would be much more red tape for the to do it.

The republicrats and the democans have a lock on the system

So, think tank? What's the solution? One person, one vote would require a counting system. Could be done by computer, but then someone could hack the system. Could be done by hand, but that's one more expense an already bankrupt country can't afford.

What are some ideas that could possibly make that work?
What are some alternate solutions that we could give a try?

I think the problem is that there are too many people, with too many ideas, that are hard biased to their ideas, to make any system work well.
Just look at what's going on. You're not allowed to not care. You're either 100% pro-life/gay marriage/Bruce-Caitlyn/flags are bad/whatever, or you're the anti-thesis of the topic...bigoted, homophobic, racist, whatever. People have gotten so thin skinned (and I seem to be one of 'em) that they can't let someone else be different (unless they LIKE the difference. Then we must 100% EMBRACE the difference)
Works the same for Trump. Because he's different, you must either completely embrace the difference and say that he is the savior of the country, or be the AntiDonald...

He's the exact same as any other politician running for the presidency....except for the hair.

No, he isn't being investigated by the FBI under subsection F of the Espionage act, including the hair.. :D

It just shows how clusterfucked the republican party is if he is their best hope.

Trust me, he is not their hope at all. The establishment would much rather lose with Jeb than win with Donald.

Trust me, he is not their hope at all. The establishment would much rather lose with Jeb than win with Donald.

I don't know about losing with Jeb...but I agree, Donald is not the Rep's hope. There's one section of the Rep party that's overly disgruntled about everything, and they're coming out in strong numbers to support Trump...but the bulk of the Rep party is sitting back and letting it play out a little more, as there are way too many candidates to start focusing on any one.

When the number is cut in half...then you'll get a more realistic sense of who the majority of the Reps are getting behind.
I strongly believe it will not be Trump.

I can't see Trump as someone who will work with Congress to get things done. He'll be like Obama, only the other side of the coin...still his way or no way.
Obama approaches governing as a dictator...Trump will want to run it like his own private corporation where his decisions override all others

It would be..SSDD.

I don't know about losing with Jeb...but I agree, Donald is not the Rep's hope. There's one section of the Rep party that's overly disgruntled about everything, and they're coming out in strong numbers to support Trump...but the bulk of the Rep party is sitting back and letting it play out a little more, as there are way too many candidates to start focusing on any one.

When the number is cut in half...then you'll get a more realistic sense of who the majority of the Reps are getting behind.
I strongly believe it will not be Trump.

I can't see Trump as someone who will work with Congress to get things done. He'll be like Obama, only the other side of the coin...still his way or no way.
Obama approaches governing as a dictator...Trump will want to run it like his own private corporation where his decisions override all others

It would be..SSDD.

Bob Dole
John McCain
Mitt Romney

The Donald could seriously be what's written on the GOP death certificate under "cause of death", not that I think the Dems are any better. He's either trolling and purposefully dismantling you guys, or there's crazier people in this country than I thought.

Ooooh, is this like Jeopardy? Okay Alex, I'll go with....who are republitards that got their asses handed to them?

And now it is you are making my point for me. :D

The republican establishment would much rather lose with one of their own than support one of theirs who is not.

They would want Hillary over Trump because Hillary is Wall Street's gal. Trump made his money in Real Estate, not Wall Street. As President she will make it easy for the GOP congressional candidates in 2018.

A President Trump won't follow the GOP masters. Which is why they will not support him.. Come back here in one year and see if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back