Does the world add noise?

the only way I know that you can get rid of "earth noise" (aka blue/green noise)....is by using Pro Tools.
go buy an Mbox.

Rock Star 87 said:
good one p, but seriously. NO. no fucking way does the earth add noise.

Well, the Earth generates a magnetic field, and when the solar wind hits it (which is all the time), it generates a lot of RF interference, especially during an active sunspot period.

Does the routine behavior of the Earth make noise?

HA!

Yes. It's the noise floor of the Greek 5th century BC "music of the spheres".

Look here.
"Pythagorus was the first to hear the Music of the Spheres... He knew the stars to be attached to crystal spheres revolving about the Earth. These heavenly spheres, eternally revolving, produce harmonious sounds only the truly inspired can hear."

(Twilight Zone music inserted here) If Earth was visited by aliens who had ears that could hear in a way similar to ours, would they hear a loud noise made by the Earth itself that all life on Earth (with ears) has grown so accustomed to that we psychologically filter it out?

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
If Earth was visited by aliens who had ears that could hear in a way similar to ours, would they hear a loud noise made by the Earth itself that all life on Earth (with ears) has grown so accustomed to that we psychologically filter it out?

Tim

Tim is right. unfortunately, this earth noise is bound to show up on your recordings. this is why most recordings from this planet are not well received on an interplanetary scale. earthlings have not developed the proper mastering tools to filter out the planet noise. Even with the best studio monitoring systems, earthling engineers don't even notice it--until they start shipping their music beyond the Milky Way Galaxy.

perhaps you can find a ME who is not a native earthling. otherwise you should send your recordings to a mixing house that is not bound by the galactic forces that cause this type of noise.

VisQuixZ8

Buy Wharfedales 8.2 actives. Then you can hear it.

I love mine so much I haven't even bought them yet.

They are the best speakers under $1,000.

We use them on everything here at Zeptune.

Thanks,
ZXXUIUU
Zeptune Stuioz
- Galaxy 4 Intergallatic
BMI/ASCAP

yes but a high pass filter should get rid of it.

Any idea how I can use eq to get rid of the voices in my head? Or is there maybe some sort of phase trick? :eek:

I guess it didn't come across, but I was kidding.

(insert Twilight Zone music here again) Who knows though?

Tim

silent sounds?

Timothy Lawler said:
I guess it didn't come across, but I was kidding.

(insert Twilight Zone music here again) Who knows though?

Tim

i know, but i ain't telling.

Great link, John

So a highpass filter set at around 50Hz would get rid of earth noise and the harmonics. But, since it is speeding up, tracks that you record today will be out of tempo with tracks you record tomorrow.

So a highpass filter set at around 50Hz would get rid of earth noise and the harmonics.
No... You have to use a notch filter for each harmonic. The Waves Linear EQ Special Edition has a preset for this.

But, since it is speeding up, tracks that you record today will be out of tempo with tracks you record tomorrow.
Yes... But not just out of tempo. Out of tune too. This phenomenon is the root problem of musicians who can't play in tune and in the pocket. They were just born on the wrong planet.

Tim

Last edited:
Back