Does anyone of you use one of these???

timmerman

-------------------------
They work on a powersupply or a battery, but really you want to use it with a powersupply. It has much more power with a powersupply.

Does this really sound good?

Well..................look what I put infront of it....................

Attachments

• ms-4.jpg
    ms-4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 170
First I plug into this here................................

I use very mellow settings, but it will depend of the sound I am going for really

Attachments

• boss-ds1-090324.jpg
    boss-ds1-090324.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 156
The signal of the DS 1 goes into this here.......................

The bassdriver works more as an extra EQ for the MS 4, it is able to give you more midrange and presence, can even give you the idea that you are playing though a much larger valve amp.

NOw the volume of the DS1 and the Bassdriver need to correspond to each other, so one should not be much higher that the other, otherwise you loose the combined sound of both units.

Okay so for what situation would you like this set-up? For gigging? No more for recording, just put a SM57 at the front of one of the speakers, play around with a second mike for the second speaker and discover how it can fool the listener that you recorded through a much bigger amp that this set-up.

Okay the overal costs of this setup should not be too much. MS 4 is cheap, DS 1 in fairly cheap, Bassdriver is not, but you could try other options like....................................

Attachments

• bassdriver.jpg
    bassdriver.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 151
Dunlop's Bass DI, is a little cheaper and can create nearly same sounds. I perfer the Sans but the is just my preference eh?

Okay still too expensive?

try this here............................

Attachments

• dunlop0710137019751_240.jpg
    dunlop0710137019751_240.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 149
Boss GE 7.......................does not give you the valve sound idea, but can help you to add some tones to the basic DS1 and MS4 sound.

Okay we are just talking cheap and basic sounds here eh? But it really surprises me how such a small amp is able to give you so much more that what you would initially think.

If you have just played the MS4 on its own [ and did not really think too much of it] try it with some of these options and you will be surprised how it can add to its basic sound.

Eddie

Attachments

• Boss_EQ_fullfront.jpg
    Boss_EQ_fullfront.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 145
Could you post an mp3 of what yours sounds like? I have a hard time believing those speakers can handle low frequencies well.

EDIT: I have one and have gotten some decent sounds, but nothing too impressive.

IronFlippy said:
Could you post an mp3 of what yours sounds like? I have a hard time believing those speakers can handle low frequencies well.

EDIT: I have one and have gotten some decent sounds, but nothing too impressive.

Sorry cannot do MP3's at the moment.

Yes the speakers are small, and that is one of the reasons why I am impressed with their sound.

I know some people modify the amp so that they can hook it up to a larger speakercabinet.

Compared the sound of this setup to the sound of a Pignose [again a very small amp]

Now the Pignose has a much bigger speaker and therefore you get a fuller sound, but still I think the Marshall sounds fine too.

Farview said:
If you lay the amp in its back, it will couple with the floor and give you more low end.

I like to stack them way high in the sky :D :D , but yes, if I need more low end it does make sense to come down to earth once in a while :D

boomtap said:
Does it go to 11?

You need to dress up a bit, put the funny faces on, dance a bit around, invite some guests, and yes with a bit of luck it may hit 11 once in a while................

LOL this thread has to be a joke. this is like trying to drive a matchbox car to work.

the epiphone valve jr is like $119 and is a real tube amp.

Back