Does anyone know about fake Sennheiser e906 mics?

chrisghost

I'm still a bit put off by the fake Shure SM 57/58 microphones, which I noticed just in time. At long last I did find a nice deal on Ebay with proaudiostar, whom I highly recommend, especially for European buyers. Get the drumkit with the three SM57's + one Beta 52. Postage included you get the kit for what the three SM57's would cost over here.

Now I want to get a Sennheiser e906. They sell here in Holland for around €170. Proaudiostar sell them for about the same price + postage, so that's no option. Several American sellers sell it around $100, which means I can have it shipped to the Netherlands for €100. Then again, when it seems to good to be true, it probably is, right?

Well, to cut a long story to half the size it could have been if I wasn't me: :p

Does anybody know if there are any fake e906's around, nothing seems to come up on Google.

Whats up!!!!

Hey I just bought a shure sm57 off of EBAY a month or so ago......and I bought it CHEAP!!!!! around 50 bucks. If you see a deal like that on ebay I say go for it if the seller has a good rating. It has turned my recording into a whole other level.....I couldnt believe the difference.

Well I'm not taking any chances, I've allready waysted to much time getting frustrated over bad gear. If you bought a new Shure SM 57 for $50 there's a pretty slim chance it's a real one. The market is flooded with fake shures from China.

Anyone else got any info about fake e906's?

Well I'm not taking any chances, I've allready waysted to much time getting frustrated over bad gear. If you bought a new Shure SM 57 for $50 there's a pretty slim chance it's a real one. The market is flooded with fake shures from China.

Anyone else got any info about fake e906's?

I don't trust ebay for any "important" gear...
I'm in Ireland and buy ALL my music gear from Thomann
http://www.thomann.de/index.html?partner_id=97926&page=ie/sennheisere_906.htm

Hard to beat them on price

Hey I just bought a shure sm57 off of EBAY a month or so ago......and I bought it CHEAP!!!!! around 50 bucks. If you see a deal like that on ebay I say go for it if the seller has a good rating. It has turned my recording into a whole other level.....I couldnt believe the difference.

There's a difference between a good rating, and a *good* rating.
You can get a 'good' (like, acceptable looking) rating with 5 feedback, 100% positive.
All it takes to get that feedback is 5 unwitting buyers who can't spot a fake to buy and leave feedback, or for fake feedback to be left (very common).

Or you occasionally find that legitimate accounts get hijacked (through password phishing, etc) and are used to scam people or sell fake goods.

I've seen many listings for fake 57s where the seller has 100% positive feedback, but they're often new members and only have a small amount of feedback.

I hope you don't have a fake one, but at $50 for a new one I'm skeptical.

... that's right.

What happens is that one guy has several Ebay acounts, then "buys" from himself and leaves good feedback. The chinese ones often sell Shure mics and sexy underware and leave themselves feedback like: "I think is very serious this seller." :rolleyes:

What seems to happen as well is that honest guys sell fakes believing they are real, through dodgy suppliers. Always buy from an authorised dealer.

But back to those Sennheiser e906's... anyone heard of any fakes?

You can, but don’t. Well, don’t if you want something that approaches the original. I use the 609 for guitar cabs and it’s not bad at all, the hyper response giving a bit of focus. Did a queen tribute with three two weeks back. The fakes appear to be cardioids, which in itself is not that much of an issue, but loads of the, have the capsule in backwards it seems. So the side that says FRONT in big letters is er, the back. There has been much amusement over these. I do lots of videos and the Chinese copies are always popular. I’ve decided not to do this one because they’re still too expensive. I have been offered them at £46 but that’s too expensive for what will be a bit useless. An expensive copy is a bit of a waste, when a genuine alternative would be better. At 100 euros, you could buy a real 57 and have a genuinely useful mic. Some Chinese mics are exceptional, some truly dire. The backwards 609 is a nice dynamic, but the Thomann copy of the 57 is a much better mic. These are hardly different from shure 57s from the sound.

Whats up!!!!

I did that with an SM57, it was fake. The next one I bought from Sweetwater. Cost me 50 dollars more but it was real.

Back