Dimebag Darrel slain....

Man that sucks! Dimebag was an amazing guitarist.

I hope we find out more of the story. Did Dime "bag" this guy's girl or what?

The shooter went on stage and started saying F*** you man you broke up Pantera. So the stroy goes.......

Either way it's a damn shame

Man if this guy really did kill Dime over Pantera hes a fucking idiot. Its no real secret that Phil was the cause for the final demise of Pantera. He was off doing his solo thing and then he started talking smack about Pantera in the media. Damageplan sounds like a really watered down, weak ass version of Pantera anyways. If dime had broke it off, would he turn around and do the same exact type thing musically? I seriously doubt it.
I just find it hard to believe someone could kill over something like this. I find it even harder to believe that a true Pantera fan would place the blame on Dimebag or Vinnie for that matter.
The world lost one hell of a band when Pantera left the fold. Now we've lost one hell of a guitarist. Im really am speechless that something like this has hapened.

when i was younger (10-15) i listened to a LOT of pantera. practically religiously.

my best friend and i had their home videos from the road and watched them doing fun shit... it made me want to tour and have fun.

he was an inspiration to me in more than one respect. he was a great player too... and not just for metal. he was an accomplished jazz and blues musician from what i hear. fucking tragedy really.

anyone know who else from damage plan was wounded/killed?

to think someone killed him because pantera broke up. its insane. poor guy. i've gotta feel for his friends and family now.

What is this world coming to? We're loosing good musicians left and right, and even though I never got into Pantera, I had great respect for Dimebag, especially his willingness to teach and support budding guitarists.

Ah, damn. This sucks.

You know, I don't care if you love the NRA and eat, sleep and breathe the 2nd ammendment, but it is just WAAAAAAYYYY too easy for unstable mofos to get guns and do whatever the hell they please.

ahuimanu said:
You know, I don't care if you love the NRA and eat, sleep and breathe the 2nd ammendment, but it is just WAAAAAAYYYY too easy for unstable mofos to get guns and do whatever the hell they please.

the problem isn't the fact that they have guns though. its that they are unstable. i think he would be able to do the same thing with a knife. i understand that a gun is a lot more powerful and that a crazed lunatic could hurt more people with a gun than a knife, but i have the feeling this guy would have just as likely run up and stabbed Dimebag.

it should be harder for people to get guns. but i don't think that not having a gun would have stopped this guy from doing what he set out to do.

i don't own a gun but i do support the rights of those who feel they need one for protection. i know several people who carry concealed weapons because their jobs require them to put themselves at risk. i don't think i could justify asking them to give up their right to protect themselves if there is no guarantee that an assailant will not have some underhanded access to a similar weapon.

anyway, this is truly sad.

This just blows me away. Dimebag was a inspiration to me to start playing. God rest his soul. He will never be forgotten. At least he died doing what he loved the most. RIP

I agree with this, most people don't need guns. For every person there is in the U.S. theres more than 5 guns. That's sickening. I'm not saying that no one should be allowed to buy guns, but there should be more serious psychological profiling done before you can buy one. When something like this happens it should make it obvious, but i guess politicians won't pay attention until it affects them.

ibanezrocks said:
I agree with this, most people don't need guns. For every person there is in the U.S. theres more than 5 guns. That's sickening. I'm not saying that no one should be allowed to buy guns, but there should be more serious psychological profiling done before you can buy one. When something like this happens it should make it obvious, but i guess politicians won't pay attention until it affects them.

Politicians won't pay attention until $$$$ isn't the primary leverage point.
The 2nd amendment reads:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

So unless these psycho's are forming a militia to protect their state...

So sad... and also on the 24th anniversary of John Lennon getting gunned down...

:(

Back