di and amp head ?

muttleymartin

Hi chaps just got a vox ac4tvh and cab, was wondering can I put the output from the amp into a di box then into mixer/interface without damaging the head????

Hi chaps just got a vox ac4tvh and cab, was wondering can I put the output from the amp into a di box then into mixer/interface without damaging the head????
NO!!!

There are DI type boxes that will do that without blowing stuff up, but if you had one of those you wouldn't be asking the question.

You NEED a load box for all that extra power. Unless your head has a silent record out, you can't do that without a special box made for that purpose. Rivera Rockcrusher comes to mind. That one also attenuates volume as well as power.

I was going to post: . . .

"There are a lot of inexpensive PASSIVE DI units that will do this and they will state so in their instructions. The DI must have a "Link" or "Thru" jack and, if it's designed for general use, a pad of (usually) -40dB. The ART PDB will handle this for under $30 (there is a Nady version for ~$18 and a PylePro version for ~$12), as will countless other PASSIVE DI boxes that have a link/thru and a -40dB (or at least -30dB) pad.

The -40dB pad is set. The amp output is run into the DI input. The link/thru jack is connected to the speaker."

. . . But I think that I should just give Ashcat_lt's post a +1

Paj
8^)

Back