Delta 44 - Strange "pop" problem

Kore

I've read that other people are having popping issues when using Delta cards with certain motherboards, but I don't think that this is the case with mine The problem is really strange, and I was hoping someone could help me brainstorm where the popping might be entering my signal.

Why the problem is weird: I'm using a softsynth (EWQLSO SIlver), and I get pops when I record. I don't get pops going to the outputs of my Delta into cheap speakers. Outputs = clean, recording direct from the monitor mixer = random pops. The weirdest thing is that they pretty much only show up in the left channel, not in the right. This doesn't make any sense to me, especially since the popping is created not before output, but between output and internal mixer.

Any thoughts on this problem? Suggestions? Or should I just set myself on fire now?

Okay, that was my rant. Now I'll provide some useful information, since I provided very little.

Asus A8V Motherboard
2.5 Ghz AMD Processor
512 Ram
80GB HD
M-Audio Delta 44 Soundcard
On-board Sound

I really don't think that it matters, because I KNOW it can create pop-less sound--I can hear it. But when it records, it has these pops in one channel--really farked.

Kore said:
Why the problem is weird: I'm using a softsynth (EWQLSO SIlver), and I get pops when I record. I don't get pops going to the outputs of my Delta into cheap speakers. Outputs = clean, recording direct from the monitor mixer = random pops. The weirdest thing is that they pretty much only show up in the left channel, not in the right. This doesn't make any sense to me, especially since the popping is created not before output, but between output and internal mixer.

ewwwww...this is a weird one.
Can you record cleanly via the card's analogue inputs without the popping?
If so, then I can only suggest things like ensuring you have the latest driver for the card....or maybe there's an issue with the softsynth?????

Dags

Okay, and to add to that. . . when I'm editing in Adobe Audition, suddenly when I copy and paste, it adds random pops. Like when I tried to delete one channel, it became silence with a single pop. Any ideas?

Kore said:
Okay, and to add to that. . . when I'm editing in Adobe Audition, suddenly when I copy and paste, it adds random pops. Like when I tried to delete one channel, it became silence with a single pop. Any ideas?

Oh man.
I'd consider calling a priest and having the machine exorcised :D

You might need to uninstall the card and reinstall it all over again with whatever the latest drivers are for your OS.

I'm all out of ideas, dude :(

Dags

Ya, what obscure shit. I reinstalled drivers today, no change.

Well, if I get it fixed, I'll let you know what was wrong. . .

Good luck Kore

I couldn't find any other posts talking about this kind of problem. When you sort it out your experience will light the way for others who may come across the same issues. (don't you just hate being a trailblazer at times?) ;)

Hope you get it fixed quickly, easily and for FREE! :)

Dags

I think this has something to do with the onboard soundchip. Adobe Audition has no setting to pick which audio device is providing the timing, I think the glitches might be due to it trying to match two slightly different sample-rates. Try disabling the onboard sound.

I had similar problems with a Delta Audiophile and onboard AC97, and it seems to have cured it by removing the AC97. It was only with Audition I heard any glitches, Sonar and any softsynth using ASIO would work with the lowest latency without a single click or pop.

Back