Deen's List of People who are usually right.

Deen

Hi,

I just turned senior. And I still feel like a newbie.
Anyway here's a list of guys in the BBS who for me always
seem to be right. So all newbies like me, learn from
them. When you see these names. Remember them.

1. Slackmaster 2000
2. Blue Bear
3. The Real Deputy Gidge
( the mistakble twins )
4. Chessrock and
5. Chessparov
6. Michael Jones
7. Richard Monroe
8. Dobro
9. Tex Roadkill
10. the man Himself John Sayers

Well, I feel honored to be placed in such an esteemed class of gentlemen. I'm not sure my placement in that group is justified though, but thank you for the compliment.
Many of the names on that list I hold in high reguard, and value their opinions emmensly.

I just try to help when I can, and shut up when I can't.
I won't offer advice or recommendations on a piece of gear I don't own or haven't used.

And like everyone else, I'm here to learn.

Thanks for the mention Deen, just a humble enthusiast here.
Pro's like Fletcher and Nathan Eldred are much more knowledgable
than moi, and deserve far greater priority on the "list".

Chris

P.S. Is that "Chessrock and Chessparov" sorta like "Martin and Lewis"? :)

I just thought of it this morning. This sort of humble tribute
to guys on the forum who answer our questions and pass on information you would normally have to pay for to buy a book
or study a course. Best of all it's all real world experience.

These guys are Pro-Studio owners,
Project studio or even home studio hobbiests, but one thing
I've noticed about them all is that they all made sense. Knew
what they were talking about and could back it up. Thanks to these guys everything we want to know about the topic we all so love is all here right now. Free.

I plan to add guys to this list from time to time. I know there's
a lot of them out there.

Martin and Lewis it is Chessparov.
I have to confess I can't help but crack up
when you and Chessrock make references to eack other
or are confused by many to be one and the same.
Both definitely worthy to be in the Deen's List.

Hey, if you find something of use in my ramblings here Deen, I'm glad!!!!

But the guys you REALLY should pay attention to are Fletcher, Harvey, sjoko2, Shailat, sonusman, Light, and of course, John Sayers........ talk about some heavyweights!!!! (and I don't mean size!!) ;)

Hi Blue Bear,

I took note of all the names ya mentioned. I heared some
of them but never really participated in their discussions.
I'm sure they desserve to be on the list. That's I list
I have to remember.

One of the things that confused me when first entering the BBS
is I didn't know who to believe. But as I soon learned some
people are usually "right" It sort of gave a me a mental filter
who to take seriously and learn a lot from.

I just did... as after re reading the post saw that it served no purpose to this forum. I also made the mistake of responding in another forum that had gotten off subject, but was just annoyed at some of the attitudes I felt didn't need to be thrown around.

sorry...

I need to try and stick to the topic forums better. Seems to be a big gripe around here...

and excuse the non- mic related post in this one too.

:rolleyes: <----:D

Blue Bear Sound said:
Hey, if you find something of use in my ramblings here Deen, I'm glad!!!!

But the guys you REALLY should pay attention to are Fletcher, Harvey, sjoko2, Shailat, sonusman, Light, and of course, John Sayers........ talk about some heavyweights!!!! (and I don't mean size!!) ;)

Well, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but thanks for puting me in with the rest of those guys.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Hey Deen, ever notice the dragon cave? That's where this crapola thread belongs man, not cluttering up the mic forum.

It's a good list.

I'd say Sjoko probably has one of the best sets of ears on the board, and probably who I'd listen to closest in terms of mixing and mastering environments or questions of that nature. Bluebear I'd put towards the top in overall knowlege of tracking and mixing techniques. Fletcher, definitely, for knowlege of high-end gear, John Sayers for accoustics, and Harvey for design and just about all other things audio. Barefoot obviously knows his shit when it comes to "what goes on under the hood" kind of stuff, and Rossi seems to know a lot about that stuff, too.

On a slightly lower-tier :D, I'd say Chessparov has really been impressing me with his knowlege of lesser-known dynamic mics. I suppose I'm a pretty decent source for inexpensive rack gear and mid-level ($500-800) microphones.

But there's a ton of guys I'm missing here. This board is a great resource.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm one of the people on your list who really isn't a pro. Sometimes that helps, because I can explain the things I *do* understand so a beginner can get it. I just have to remember not to explain the things I *don't* understand. Thanks, Richie

I would put that TubeDude guy on the never-ever-ever-wrong list.
He just hasnt been around enough lately for some of you guys to profit from his huge stores of never wrong information and his excellent pointers on mic choice and recording techniques. :)
He'll be around in a week or two, I think. He's real crazy busy lately.

:) :) :)

Sjoko belongs on the list, for sure.

Cessparov (oops!)-chessparov appreciates all the kind words from his "fans".

Since my day job/business , effectively precludes me from being a 44 year old intern
year old unpaid intern in a pro studio, buying/selling primarily dynamic microphones
was a good way to learn about various ones.

Unless it's blatantly wrong for my voice, usually give each microphone a few
months to "understand" it BTW. Otherwise would have foolishly sold all
my SM57's some time ago.

If you guys keep this up, this thread will become a real tier jerker! :)

Chris

Back