DAW Users With ADD

Should have got a uke........:rolleyes:
I'm maybe having 2nd thoughts about keeping the mandolin. :o

As I play it more, there seems be less pilot problem and more instrument problem. Plus I'm thinking if it's not going to sound good, I probably won't play it much, and then it just becomes a paperweight. I'll probably make decision over the weekend. Even paying the freight to return it is less costly than keeping something I don't play. :(

I'm maybe having 2nd thoughts about keeping the mandolin. :o

As I play it more, there seems be less pilot problem and more instrument problem. Plus I'm thinking if it's not going to sound good, I probably won't play it much, and then it just becomes a paperweight. I'll probably make decision over the weekend. Even paying the freight to return it is less costly than keeping something I don't play. :(

I was a little surprised with the idea in the first place, I think of you as someone with established musical boundaries. So I'm guessing it was more about the song than adding a new instrument.

Well, it is what it is, basically a stepping stone instrument. I knew immediately when I got mine that it lacked a rich sound, which is why I wasn't inspired to record something with it right away. OTOH, I think if you're layering tracks or playing along with guitars it will add something sonically.

I have lots of toys laying around because I approach music from a different standpoint than you. I truly have ADD, I'm not as interested in refining or honing my craft as I am in hearing new sounds or trying new things. I like getting my hands on things to see how they work, but once I find out I don't take the time to learn how to make them work well. :o I took up recording specifically so I could learn to play more instruments.

Going to see Jurassic World on Friday, and maybe the Brian Wilson film on Tuesday. I shall report back. :)
I want to see Jurassic, but I'm giving Spy a thought too. It's getting great reviews.

Software
I said I wasn't going to buy anymore, but I did. I spent a whole $4 on a compressor along with two coupons they sent me.
I think software is a tough sell these days. It's not getting better, it's getting bloated.

Work

I've got my son lined up with a part time job at my place unloading trucks over the summer. Hard work, but it pays better than anything he can get and no weekends or nights. The boy has never worked a day in his life, stay tuned.....

LATER!!!

Work

I've got my son lined up with a part time job at my place unloading trucks over the summer. Hard work, but it pays better than anything he can get and no weekends or nights. The boy has never worked a day in his life, stay tuned.....
I certainly hope he's not like mine was (is?). An alarm clock is apparently something meant to remind you to turn over before shutting it off and getting another three hours sleep. :rolleyes:

Once again
I made it to the weekend, if everything goes right I've only got ten more years of this.

I'd appreciate weekends a bit more if they weren't spent doing chores.

Graduation
One down, one to go. As a side benefit I'm learning to play Pomp and Circumstance on guitar and harmonica, man that's going to be a real crowd pleaser at my sons graduation party.

So?
What's the verdict on the Dean?

Fathers day
I'm thinking about getting a hammock. I had one years ago that just wore out, I think it's time to get one again. It's nice to take a nap in the yard, but if you do it on the lawn, people have the tendency to call 911.

The weather
Fantastic all week, crappy on the weekend.

LATER!!!

I guess he wasn't, they were sold out and he came home early.
We went Friday afternoon and had to sit in the second row because all the seats were taken. :(

Fortunately it was a "luxury" cinema with reclining seats. Once you put the chair back it wasn't too bad. But I was amazed the theater was sold out. It was the friggin afternoon, and school isn't even out yet.

I may go see Spy this coming week. Saw Love and Mercy this past week. Not bad. I wouldn't run out to see it, but if you're looking for something to do, there are worse ways to spend your money.

I certainly hope he's not like mine was (is?). An alarm clock is apparently something meant to remind you to turn over before shutting it off and getting another three hours sleep. :rolleyes:

So far so good. I didn't have any idea how he would respond to having a real job but it didn't seem to phase him. Of course he only works two or three days a week, so that's pretty easy. He also has a job lined up at UW so things are looking good.

We went Friday afternoon and had to sit in the second row because all the seats were taken. :(

Fortunately it was a "luxury" cinema with reclining seats. Once you put the chair back it wasn't too bad. But I was amazed the theater was sold out. It was the friggin afternoon, and school isn't even out yet.

That's about the same situation I had for the latest Avengers movie (which was so-so), except I sat in the first row, and I didn't like it. I think the theatre we go to has only the EZ-chairs.

I'm broke

We just bought a new dining room table, took the dog to the vet, have a graduation party coming up AND my wife and daughter are going to Ireland and Scotland next spring. Just waiting for the next bill to come.

LATER!!!

That's about the same situation I had for the latest Avengers movie (which was so-so), except I sat in the first row, and I didn't like it. I think the theatre we go to has only the EZ-chairs.

LATER!!!
Speaking of movies, I get to go see Inside Out with the granddaughter tomorrow. I'm like her movie buddy. :) This time however I think I'm going to buy the tickets in advance. I hate paying the additional service charge for the online purchase, but it beats sitting in the front row.

Happy Father's day!
I'm not doing anything other than getting ready for my son's graduation party. This is getting expensive.

Speaking of movies, I get to go see Inside Out with the granddaughter tomorrow. I'm like her movie buddy. :) This time however I think I'm going to buy the tickets in advance. I hate paying the additional service charge for the online purchase, but it beats sitting in the front row.

If you absolutely must see it the first weekend, after the Avengers I'm willing to wait a week.

M movie buddy is going to college.

The loungers are nice, I can see why they're going in that direction.

LATER!!!

Attachments

• Graduation.jpg
    Graduation.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If you absolutely must see it the first weekend, after the Avengers I'm willing to wait a week.

LATER!!!
Got the tickets online. They only charged $1 ea. for the service fee. But since they were only $7 to begin with, it wasn't too bad.

That would be a pretty handsome family without the guy on the right. :laughings:

Back