DAW Users With ADD

Yo, ND! By my clock (and estimating the approx. time difference), by my reckoning you should be hugging a porcelain toilet bowl about this time - not posting to this worthless thread. :D

Happy New Year, man.

I'm not a heavy drinker but thanks for your conern. ;)

I was bored and looking for something to moderate, so I have made this thread a sticky. Now my Mickey D's has arrived, and after that, a poo. Smell you later! :p

Now that this thread is a sticky I have nothing to say,not that that ever stopped me before.

Today
The last day off of consecutive four day weekends and once again it's back to the grind Monday morning.January and February are the pure hell months of my Job and lately it seems as you can lump December in with that too.:mad:I may take a vacation in February depending on the circumstances.

I'll take Philly and Baltimore,although I'll be rooting for Miami.

LATER!!!

I'll take Philly...

I hope you're wrong. I would much rather see my Giants face a warm-weather Arizona team in NJ in mid-January, than to have to deal with the Eagles for a third time. Plus the Eagles seem to be on a roll. (Of course, I thought the same thing about Indy before yesterday's game. :) )

Anyway, if I were a betting man, Eagles and Ravens would be my picks today, too. :(

So, its back to "normal" today; Mom and Dad are catching their train back home and I am now officially "unemployed."

After playing with my daughters MacPro and Logic, I can say that whilst I am impressed with the MAC, I won't be converting to Logic anytime soon. Sonar wins hands down in my opinion. It could be because I am just too used to Sonars operating paradigm but Logic doesn't seem to have such a logical workflow.:confused:

Catch you soon!:)

So, its back to "normal" today; Mom and Dad are catching their train back home and I am now officially "unemployed."
Well I hope things get better for you and I hope you take advantage of your time off.

I'm having a lousy start of the year.I worked one day and pulled something in my back,it's a pain I've never had before which scares me.I'm taking today off and if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll have to go see the doctor.

After playing with my daughters MacPro and Logic, I can say that whilst I am impressed with the MAC, I won't be converting to Logic anytime soon. Sonar wins hands down in my opinion. It could be because I am just too used to Sonars operating paradigm but Logic doesn't seem to have such a logical workflow
I read enough "SONAR VS******" threads to know that most recording apps are pretty much equal,if they lack a feature they'll probably have it next upgrade and any problems people have cited are usually a matter of splitting hairs.
It seems to me most improvements have to do with "fixing" crappy recordings,so the more features you need the better chance you're not getting a quality recording from the get go.
I bought Cakewalk before I ever had a computer and have no experience with any other apps so by default I'm a SONAR man.I have toyed with the idea of trying Reaper because of it's price and simplicity but figured my time would be better spent of getting deeper into SONAR.These programs are so deep when are we going to say enough is enough already?

I would much rather see my Giants face a warm-weather Arizona team in NJ in mid-January, than to have to deal with the Eagles for a third time.
Plus the Giants aren't on the roll they were last year at this time.From what I saw of the Vikings game the Eagles aren't going very far,still when you play in division records can get thrown out.
I'd take the Giants in a close one.;)

LATER!!!

I read enough "SONAR VS******" threads to know that most recording apps are pretty much equal,if they lack a feature they'll probably have it next upgrade and any problems people have cited are usually a matter of splitting hairs.
It seems to me most improvements have to do with "fixing" crappy recordings,so the more features you need the better chance you're not getting a quality recording from the get go.
I bought Cakewalk before I ever had a computer and have no experience with any other apps so by default I'm a SONAR man.I have toyed with the idea of trying Reaper because of it's price and simplicity but figured my time would be better spent of getting deeper into SONAR.These programs are so deep when are we going to say enough is enough already?
LATER!!!

The problem with software is that you don't know what question to ask until you need to ask the question:rolleyes: I am using the time now to delve much deeper into Sonar - especially MIDI as I have "winged" it for far too long and with Sonars new midi tools, I can see no reason why I shouldn't get to grips with it more.:) Especially that I now have some time on my hands. ;)

I hope your back gets better AR; nothing worse than back pain.

Laters!!

I'm having a lousy start of the year.I worked one day and pulled something in my back,it's a pain I've never had before which scares me.I'm taking today off and if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll have to go see the doctor.
Good luck. :( :( I pinched a sciatic nerve back in September and it essentially had me out of commission for over a month. (Fortunately for me, when I'm out of commission, no one else notices.) :)

To say the least though, it was NOT fun. The first two days I could not even get out of bed. And then for a week I was walking bent over at the waist at a 90o angle.

I finally went to the doctor once I was mobile enough to get there. He essentially said that these things normally get better on their own, but it could take up to 90 days. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He told me he could send me for an MRI, but regardless of what they showed, the treatment would likely be bed rest.

I sure hope yours is just a muscle pull, AR. In the meantime make sure to get some anti-inflammatories and pain killers. :)

Plus the Giants aren't on the roll they were last year at this time.From what I saw of the Vikings game the Eagles aren't going very far,still when you play in division records can get thrown out.
I'd take the Giants in a close one.
Actually the Giants didn't really get on their roll last year UNTIL the playoffs. The Eagles still scare me, but I'm predicting (hoping) the Giants will pull it out in the end.

They will jump out to an early lead (17 - 3), and then spend the rest of the game driving me to the liquor cabinet and trying to hang on to it. Final: 24 - 21, Giants. :D

Oh no!
It's a crappy song!I've been struggling to get a good acoustic guitar sound,especially for an intimate guitar type song.This song is full of squeaks,creaks,mistakes and breathing but I think I'm getting closer to what I'm hearing in my head guitar wise.This song is too much for me vocally,I can't sing it the way I'm hearing it.

Oh yeah,it's totally gay too.:eek:

It's called unlucky at love.

http://cid-386b680508481b53.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?view=icons

Good luck. :( :( I pinched a sciatic nerve back in September and it essentially had me out of commission for over a month. (Fortunately for me, when I'm out of commission, no one else notices.) :)

To say the least though, it was NOT fun. The first two days I could not even get out of bed. And then for a week I was walking bent over at the waist at a 90o angle.

I finally went to the doctor once I was mobile enough to get there. He essentially said that these things normally get better on their own, but it could take up to 90 days. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He told me he could send me for an MRI, but regardless of what they showed, the treatment would likely be bed rest.

I sure hope yours is just a muscle pull, AR. In the meantime make sure to get some anti-inflammatories and pain killers. :)

:D

Ouch! Painful. In 2007 I did the same in my right leg and suffered for months. It took me over a minute just to get out of the car and straighten up.I couldn't sit at my desk for more than a few minutes and I stood up for most meetings:eek: I spent a fortune with chiropractors but all they could do was give relief that lasted a short time.

And then a guy I worked with gave me a book written by an American GP, Dr. John Sarno M.D. called Healing Back pain. And it changed my life. Because at that point I had suffered all sorts of back, neck, shoulder and arm problems going back years.

What this Doctor wrote astounded me. He asked what possible cause could there be for an explosion of patients coming into his local practice complaining of these back related problems - had the human race suddenly developed a weakness after thousands of years of evolution?
Then he started thinking back to the 60's and 70's and the explosion then in gastric ulcers and how they had largely gone away now.

He also noticed that back sufferers had also previously suffered headaches, frozen shoulders, acute heartburn, depression, dizziness, asthma, eczema, hiatus hernia, peptic ulcers and other similar complaints.

He concluded that there was a very strong mind-body connection and that getting pains in these places is "normal" and they will dissipate in time but that the pain (which is real) is a manifestation of you dealing with stress in one way or another. He believes that the ulcers he saw in the 60's were now being replaced by back related problems in the 90's and the statistics seemed to prove that.

Since I read the book, it has truly changed my life. I still get back problems and twinges but I now tell myself that I know whats causing it and that its my body's way of dealing with the crap of life we sometimes have to deal with. As a result, I have been free of such pain for the longest period in my life. It cannot be coincidence. However, it won't help genuine injuries to the back, it's only sciatic nerve and muscular pain that mysteriously develops where the book helps most. And you either "get" this book or you don't - it seems to be an attitude of mind as much as anything else that counts.

Here is the link to the book in the UK Amazon list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healing-Bac...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231316153&sr=8-1

Interesting to read the reader comments!

Oh no!
It's a crappy song!I've been struggling to get a good acoustic guitar sound,especially for an intimate guitar type song.This song is full of squeaks,creaks,mistakes and breathing but I think I'm getting closer to what I'm hearing in my head guitar wise.This song is too much for me vocally,I can't sing it the way I'm hearing it.

Oh yeah,it's totally gay too.:eek:

It's called unlucky at love.

http://cid-386b680508481b53.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?view=icons

Guy, I have to tell you that this is the best thing I have heard you do IMHO. The guitar playing and tone is clear and intimately recorded and the breathy singing suits you and this song. Yes there are some clicks and buzzes that could be cleaned up and I think EQ and some compression could also help a lot overall.

It's a lovely song (is that a gay thing to say?) and both the guitar playing and the chord progression very well written and performed. I especially love the lead work over the top and the runs down the fretboard.

Well done!:)

He also noticed that back sufferers had also previously suffered headaches, frozen shoulders, acute heartburn, depression, dizziness, asthma, eczema, hiatus hernia, peptic ulcers and other similar complaints.
Interesting. I'll have to check it out. I also had a frozen shoulder a few years ago. I waited for months before going to a doctor. When I did, he gave me a cortisone shot and prescribed some physical therapy exercises. I started doing the exercises and within a few days it was much improved, and pretty much gone in two weeks.

Of course, I have no clue what I would be stressed about these days - unless you count watching my IRA dwindle away. :rolleyes:

Interesting. I'll have to check it out. I also had a frozen shoulder a few years ago. I waited for months before going to a doctor. When I did, he gave me a cortisone shot and prescribed some physical therapy exercises. I started doing the exercises and within a few days it was much improved, and pretty much gone in two weeks.

Of course, I have no clue what I would be stressed about these days - unless you count watching my IRA dwindle away. :rolleyes:

I also suffered frozen shoulder for over ten years until wifey read in a magazine about the Bowens technique. So we found a local practioner and I checked into her clinic. The results were gob smackingly amazing. After one session, I could raise my right arm above my shoulder for the first time in years. A second session three weeks later and I was "cured." Amazing:eek: The therapy was a mixture of relaxation and light (very light) massage. All done to music.:confused: Go figure.:)

This gave me added clues as to the causes of all my back ailments so when I read the book, I could instantly connect with it.

You don't have to be stressed to suffer back aches - repressed anger will also suffice.;)

I also suffered frozen shoulder for over ten years
Ten Years! :eek:

Everything I had read about it said it would progress through 3 stages (freezing, frozen, thawing), and that each stage could last 3-6 months. Mine went away after about 9-10 months, so I was never quite sure if the exercises fixed it, or it had just run it course.

I can't imagine dealing with it for ten years. :(

Back