DAW Users With ADD

I'm back!
Not that I was ever really gone,but I'm back to work and back online.My computer took a crap on me yesterday morning and I spent about five hours trying to get it up and running with no luck.So I went out and bought a new computer.The prices on prebuilt systems was so cheap it was almost a slam dunk.The old computer isn't out of the mix quite yet,if I can get it to run it will end up serving a purpose.

I guess it's nice to be able to play music,print a picture and surf the net all at once.Four times the power at one half the price of my previous rig.The real plus is the widescreen LCD:cool:

Worst part,the speakers.They got the early hook and I'm using my tried and true Rolands.

LATER!!!!

BaseballOK, it's the all-star break. The traditional halfway mark of the MLB season. And the Brewers are still in first place. Ten games over .500, with a 4-1/2 game lead in their division.

Boston has a 10 game lead in their division.

The Yankees are in 3rd place, 10 games out, and a game under .500.

Man, you could have cleaned up in Vegas with those predictions at the start of the season. :eek: :eek:

Good thing there is still half a season left. :cool:

How come Acidrock hasn't jumped on that Brewer bandwagon? They still have sausage races, right? :confused:

I'm back!
Not that I was ever really gone,but I'm back to work and back online.My computer took a crap on me yesterday morning and I spent about five hours trying to get it up and running with no luck.So I went out and bought a new computer.The prices on prebuilt systems was so cheap it was almost a slam dunk.The old computer isn't out of the mix quite yet,if I can get it to run it will end up serving a purpose.

I guess it's nice to be able to play music,print a picture and surf the net all at once.Four times the power at one half the price of my previous rig.The real plus is the widescreen LCD:cool:

Worst part,the speakers.They got the early hook and I'm using my tried and true Rolands.

LATER!!!!

Wow, thats very bold of you...seems you are ahead now in the gear stakes:cool: I take it you have Vista? How does your soundcard get on with it? Have you d/l'd new drivers for it?

And are you okay stripping the data from your old Disk Drives? If you need any help, let me know.

Wow, thats very bold of you...seems you are ahead now in the gear stakes:cool: I take it you have Vista? How does your soundcard get on with it? Have you d/l'd new drivers for it?
It's Vista and I'm liking it so far.I'll have to dig a little deeper.The soundcard is not a problem because it's the family computer,I have a dedicated DAW with XP.

And are you okay stripping the data from your old Disk Drives? If you need any help, let me know.
I'm going to try and get the old computer working,there's about six months worth of photos I didn't back up.:o:o:oIt had two hard drives and the photo's were on the D drive.
The old computer was a dual purpose rig and has a Delta 24/96 card so if I do get it up and running it would make a usable sound module or sumpin'.

More computer tales...
As much as I despise salesmen...
I really,really hate it when I want to buy something but it seems as though I'm bothering the salesman who must have something better to do than actually sell something.I went to the company who also does my DSL thinking I might get an extension on my contract free with the purchase of a computer,(which I would've) but the salesman was determined not to make a sale.

Oh,and BTW...
If another person tells me how good their computer speakers sound or how the Casio keyboard they bought their sounds like a real piano,I'm gonna barf!

Baseball
I officially can't get excited about the Brewers until September,late August the earliest.

LATER!!!!

I'm going to try and get the old computer working,there's about six months worth of photos I didn't back up.:o:o:oIt had two hard drives and the photo's were on the D drive.
Generally you should simply be able to plug the old hard drive into the new computer and copy the files. (Or just leave the old hard drive in there for extra storage.)

Sometimes that's easier said than done, as the old one probably had IDE drives, while the new one is likely set up for SATA. My motherboard will handle both, but if you bought a "name" computer, it's probably SATA only.

The best solution is to buy an ICE box (or similar). This is an external USB/Firewire device where you simply slide out the carrier, screw in your Disk drive, push the carrier back in, connect the power and USB/Firewire leads and hey presto! One external drive. Cost? Less than $40 :)

Salesmen You should NEVER buy from a salesman you don't like ;)

Yeah... I'll be headed out on vacation pretty soon myself. Here is a picture of the resort I will be staying at. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
I'm sitting at home, hiding from real work this week.....
My wifes on Summer Break, and says I can sit on the back patio with her and drink beer. :D

Yeah... I'll be headed out on vacation pretty soon myself. Here is a picture of the resort I will be staying at. :rolleyes:

Strange, that is completely different to what I imagined your place to be. I envisaged an older Brownstone with a loft in a neighbourhood similar to that of the Cheers! bar.:)

Looks new - 10 years old?

I would like to send you a Google Earth pic of my house but Google hasn't yet flown the satellite over in high res format yet :o Only sheep live around here ;)

Friggin computers :mad: This afternoon, I thought I would get my web camera working properly, so I d/l'd and installed the Logitech drivers. What a mistake! Not only did they not work but they also corrupted all my sound, video and games controller drivers. So now I can't do anything with Sonar :mad::mad::mad:

I have deleted and re-installed my Delta drivers at least five times to no avail.

I have visions of a new XP install :(

Well, actually, my letters to Google have obviously paid off.....

You can even see my car in the driveway!

Attachments

• Low-Res-Stablegate.jpg
    Low-Res-Stablegate.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 11
Strange, that is completely different to what I imagined your place to be. I envisaged an older Brownstone with a loft in a neighbourhood similar to that of the Cheers! bar.:)

Looks new - 10 years old?
I live in the 'burbs!! What you describe you would more likely find in a city. However, there are bars in the neighborhood (although probably not as many as in AR's neighborhood). :D

These were built in around '84 or '85 - so they're actually over 20 years old. I can't quite figure out when the picture was taken, but it's a least a few years old.

I have deleted and re-installed my Delta drivers at least five times to no avail.

I have visions of a new XP install
Can't you roll back the Logitech drivers to the previous version, or do a system restore?

I live in the 'burbs!! What you describe you would more likely find in a city. However, there are bars in the neighborhood (although probably not as many as in AR's neighborhood). :D

These were built in around '84 or '85 - so they're actually over 20 years old. I can't quite figure out when the picture was taken, but it's a least a few years old.

Can't you roll back the Logitech drivers to the previous version, or do a system restore?

I tried that but system restore doesn't roll back drivers unless you saved them specifically...which I didn't :o

Well, actually, my letters to Google have obviously paid off.....

You can even see my car in the driveway!
The Smith McMansion. :D

For all the complaining you do about the lawn, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. :confused::confused: Unless the house is waaaaaay bigger then it looks. :D

The Smith McMansion. :D

For all the complaining you do about the lawn, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. :confused::confused: Unless the house is waaaaaay bigger then it looks. :D

If you look carefully, there are four lawns. Thats a lot of edges to cut by hand ;)

Back