DAW Users With ADD

I looked at Sonar 5 this morning too. Remember, I am a HS2004 user. :o

It looks okay to me but I am trying out Project 5 - it has some very useful tools for layering samples and programming patterns which, for presentation work that I do, is the way to go. But the demo of P5 won't work properly so the jury is out at the moment.

Mike, my Sir reverb refuses to work - it just makes my puter drop-out. I tried checking the delay box in the wrapper, but still no good. How did you get yours to run? Interestingly, the older version ran okay but I binned it :o How stupid was that? (Still, once a salesman, always a salesman :D )

Paul881 said:
Mike, my Sir reverb refuses to work - it just makes my puter drop-out. I tried checking the delay box in the wrapper, but still no good. How did you get yours to run? Interestingly, the older version ran okay but I binned it :o How stupid was that? (Still, once a salesman, always a salesman :D )
I didn't do anything special, just installed it and ran it.

Perhaps you are trying to use 24 bit impulse files, whereas in the past you used 16 bit files? Just guessing here, but I don't know why the newer version won't run while the old one did.

What VST wrapper are you using?

Sonar 5

With 64bit processing and an inevitable new OS on the horizon(Longhorn?)I've adapted a bunker mentality regarding software and digital hardware.
My computer does everything I need it to do at this moment and neither want nor can afford a new one.64 bit processing calls for new drivers and will probably leave some programs and hardware obsolete.This may be a function of code or maybe marketing.
Cakewalk has been packaging plugins and synths that have run their course on the open market and are no longer viable as a "sellable' product.Ultrafunk,sonitus plugs the Battery synth and now Pentagon all had their run as standalone products and now I suspect as sales of each dwindle they gain a new life under the Cakewalk roof of support and sales.

I'm not against this,but in the end you're still getting what you pay for.I don't need another marginally better plug,I'll hold out for something much better.There's a reason Waves and UAD-1 have held their own without upgrades every year.

The workflow improvements have been nice,but not necessary in my case.Freeze,trackfolders,metronome and now recallable project templates can all be done,albeit with a little more mousing.If I had a working studio with clients lined up outside the door this would mean something to me.

If you were just styarting out Sonar 5 would be the cats pajamas.

SIR
Sir has to be run at high latency,that's why I have no use for it.I run at 2.9 ms,play synths in real time and use effects real time.Could your problem be latency related?

Football overdose
The season kicks off tamale,and for me it will be nonstop football till Mondaynight.
Friday-Cudahy Packers
Saturday morning-My sons flag football
mid-day-Badgers game
Sunday-a conflict both the Packers and my cousins team are playing at the same time :( :mad: I wonder if I should listen to the Packers on the radio while I watch the Hitmen in person. :confused:

Any spare time in between will be spent watching any game that's on. :rolleyes: :D

LATER!!!

Sonar 5
I'm am starting to feel a little interest in the new Producer Edition. :eek: An integrated Autotune and Convolution Reverb (assuming small CPU usage) has my attention. Plus I get all the enhancements from both version 4 and 5 (since I'm still on ver 3). For $229.00 it doesn't sound like a bad deal.

However, like you Guy, I too remember Muscians Toolbox. :mad:

Normally I would just wait until it is released, and start to monitor the user feedback. However, I am always suspcious of the initial feedback, as I think people tend to kid themselves in order to justify the money they just spent. Usually that wears off after time.

So maybe my answer is to just wait a couple of months before doing anything.

dachay2tnr said:
Sonar 5

Normally I would just wait until it is released, and start to monitor the user feedback. However, I am always suspcious of the initial feedback, as I think people tend to kid themselves in order to justify the money they just spent. Usually that wears off after time.

So maybe my answer is to just wait a couple of months before doing anything.

No shit.. I am resigned to not buy anything else for as long as I can resist. I remember when you were helping me find my way thru the catacombs of PC recording using PA9. I`ve since upgraded vehicles twice and now using p4. I'm just a picker that likes to mess around with a few ideas and put down basic drawings of them here and there, so my needs aren't really demanding like some of you. However, I can see this just like buying cars.
The new electric seats and power tinted windows make a real difference in how you feel astheticly while you ride, and serve to make you more comfortable and relaxed while riding to the store to get a pack of cigarettes, but whole transport thing is the same as when it was done on a '72 Nova.:)

More Sonar 5

I must agree the producer edition seems to be the better value,but I wonder if the $229 would be better spent elsewhere.
Also it doesn't hurt to wait,as it seems Cakewalk always has "last chance" :rolleyes: specials.

Plus how do you feel having Kompakt as opposed to V-sampler?
After reading the forums at Cakewalk it seems to have lost a bit of it lustre.

I would like a VSC with adjustable envelopes and attack on the pads.I wonder if the newer version will do that?

Also I'd like to organise and burn a CD from within Sonar,make it a complete start to finish program.

LATER!!!

Well, its Friday and following a 2.5 hour journey home this evening, my house will be empty - but not for long.

Got a neighbour coming round for a recording/jam session - he's into some weird folk sounds like northumbrian pipes and zithers. They sound great when layering and also through processing. Plus he plays a nice Yamaha acoustic guitar. :)

England are playing Australia in the deciding game of the series to decide if England can win the Ashes for the first time in 18 years :eek: :o The whole country has almost come to a standstill - it could go to five days :eek:

My company's head of IT has just sent an email to all staff asking everyone to get off the BBC Sport web site because the network is overloaded :D

Paul881 said:
My company's head of IT has just sent an email to all staff asking everyone to get off the BBC Sport web site because the network is overloaded :D
Wow, sounds like even I could work there. Any openings? :)

dachay2tnr said:
And while you're here, mark down these dates on your calendar: Sept 9, 10 and 11. One of them will represent the last time the Bahston Red Sox will see first place this year. :p :p
Obviously I failed to take into account the fact that the Yankees had to play Tampa first. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

dachay2tnr said:
Wow, sounds like even I could work there. Any openings? :)

Whilst we might have the web page open, we only use it to check in with the score - we still have to work too :(

Honest :)

Paul881 said:
Whilst we might have the web page open, we only use it to check in with the score - we still have to work too
Ah, sure. And can I have a couple of those refrigerators shipped to my igloo outside Faribanks. :)

Football
Cudahy 13
Greendale 20
:(
Well at least my cousin was on the winning team. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, remind me who the hell you think you are again?
Well we tried ignoring Dachay,but he just wouldn't go away.
Whatever you do,don't feed him or adress him as "Los Gigantos",then you'll never get rid of him. :eek:

My company's head of IT has just sent an email to all staff asking everyone to get off the BBC Sport web site because the network is overloaded
Do they have something akin to the page three girls on it? :eek:

LATER!!!

Back