Cycling... Anyone here into it?

Biking? Oh yeah. Started on a bicycle, then minibike, then dirt bike, then street bike, back to bicycle, and then to e-bike. I bought an e-bike in 2015 because scar tissue in my knee causes pain when I pedal and the e-bike allows me to ride the many trails where I live with my wife.

Biking? Oh yeah. Started on a bicycle, then minibike, then dirt bike, then street bike, back to bicycle, and then to e-bike. I bought an e-bike in 2015 because scar tissue in my knee causes pain when I pedal and the e-bike allows me to ride the many trails where I live with my wife.
Nicely done! Ebike has kept me moving for sure. What did you get?

Nicely done! Ebike has kept me moving for sure. What did you get?
I have a Motiv Spark with a few mods: Suspension fork, seat post, bars, seat, tires, etc. It has 48v/500w. I've put thousands of miles on this bike and still going strong. Not bad for a bike that's in it's 10th year of use.

I have a Motiv Spark with a few mods: Suspension fork, seat post, bars, seat, tires, etc. It has 48v/500w. I've put thousands of miles on this bike and still going strong. Not bad for a bike that's in it's 10th year of use.
Great longevity for the bike! Still on the original battery, or?

Great longevity for the bike! Still on the original battery, or?
Believe it or not I'm still using the original battery. I told that to the guy that runs Moriv and even he was surprised. I was told my silverfish style battery would last 3 to 5 years. What's interesting is that I don't follow the charging instructions that came with it. I generally wait until the battery is almost out of power before I charge it and I keep it fully charged when stored during the winter. I don't get the same mileage I did when it was new but I can still do 30 miles with minimal pedaling.

Believe it or not I'm still using the original battery. I told that to the guy that runs Moriv and even he was surprised. I was told my silverfish style battery would last 3 to 5 years. What's interesting is that I don't follow the charging instructions that came with it. I generally wait until the battery is almost out of power before I charge it and I keep it fully charged when stored during the winter. I don't get the same mileage I did when it was new but I can still do 30 miles with minimal pedaling.
That's amazing!

Broke the 50km mark today (BFD).
Weather is excellent for this weekend. 13/14C today, a little less for tomorrow.
Threw the bike on the work stand and cleaned, checked tires, and rear shock.
Impromptu decision to do a "Tour de Delta" again.

Typical route along River Road...

Entering the Millennium Trail...

Then underneath the Deas Island tunnel entrance to Ladner...

Looking South over Hwy 17 that leads to BC Ferries to Victoria...

Heading south to Mud Bay...

The golf course on the left is Kings Links. Nice to have such a property right next to the ocean...

Mount Baker in the distance...

Have Mercy, been waitin' for the train all day...

Holy Carp... It's open!!!

Here is the site of the crash/damage... Only a short distance really. Looks like they had to rebuild some of the track, and are still dealing with the hazardous spill...

Et Fini... My legs were Jello, and obviously I need to do this more...

Last edited:
After beating myself up over the last little while, today felt MUCH better!
Only had time for 25km before the rain started, but no jello and felt much stronger.
Spring has def sprung 'round these parts...

Yea man... still open...

These booms will be here for a while...

Traffic completely stalled heading North/West on Hwy 99...

Man... when the heck was the tide high?

Nothin' but oil?

Heading home...

Back