Cycling... Anyone here into it?

Weather, work, and life have gotten in the way of riding over the last couple of weeks, but I had a break from all three and cobbled together a 50km ride.
Seemed like the circumnavigation of Delta was the easy choice, and felt just right on a sunny afternoon...

Somewhere down the crazy river...

After riding River Road, I headed along the Millennium trail, then underneath the hwy to Ladner...

After riding through the burbs of Ladner, I headed South to the Mud Bay trail...

Gravel it is, for 15km or so...

An abundance of birds...

At 40km it was time for a short stop and a drink of after Nuun delight...

Sun going down, along with the temp. Hightailed it out of there for the final 10k home...

Almost dark when I got home after 4pm. Note to self, leave at noon, not 1pm...

Yesterday I had the idea to go and check out the train derailment on the path to Mud Bay.
I had no clue as to what the situation would be 7 days later.
Was a bit cool at 7C so took my heated gloves and headed out.

Lots of sun...

Hmmm... a warning that I hoped would not be accurate when I got to the section this sign refers to...

Well, the warning sign was accurate. Rats, you can see the security car there. I decided to go up a steep path to the road (64th Ave) and carry on South to Watershed Park...

And here's the other end of the section, also shut down. My curiosity left unsatisfied...

I was an idiot and forgot to charge the heated gloves, and the right one died. My fingers were numb, so I headed up this steep path and took the road back home...

Short ride, but good to get out...

I can see why they are keeping people away.... fuel spill. Not an environmental catastrophe or anything.... but I can see that it may not be a good idea to let folks be traipsing too close.

Another Delta trip today. Has been raining for days but cleared up and was too good to miss out.
Here's a look from the top of Centre Street looking down a 13% grade to River Road. Hit over 51kmh before braking...

Tugs and barges...

And some really big ships...

Deas Island Park...

Evidence of recent rain...

Hangin' out behind the rink...

Just a quickie 20kms. The greenway is still closed from the train derailment.
I asked the security guy at the south end how long it might be closed and he said mid Jan, but that is not certain.
Driving by the site the other night I could see hazmat trucks, but no train cars...
Nice day and didn't need to activate the heated gloves...

Decided to head up this steep path I'd never been on before. Thought my front wheel was going to lift...

IMG_1690.jpeg
New scooter day. Haven’t decided if I’m going to flip it, or keep it and make it a bobber. May give it the Cholo treatment, minus those long ass fishtail pipes. At the very least I’m going to enjoy riding it do a bit before doing anything. I took the bags, windshield, and passenger pillion off so cleaning would be easier, and really like it stripped down .

Wow... 3 days short of a month ago since I got a ride in last...
Seeing the rain again this morning was disappointing, but I was hopeful.
Weather broke a bit after noon, so I gave it another hour and took a chance on a short ride to Mud bay and back.
Rumour was the rain was done.

Expected the trails to be very sloppy, but they were way better than expected!

Dayum... still closed because of the train derailment on Nov 19/2023. No guards anymore though...

Took to the roads going back home. This house looks... um... busy...

This low rent shack would be tolerable...

Did a quick shopping stop, then home! Felt great to get out finally.

Sunday was even nicer! Didn't expect that at all (stupid weather apps).
Finally some sunshine, even though it was a degree or so less than Sat, the sun made it feel way better!

Barges upon barges, as far as the eye can see... span...

Oddly bleak looking...

The bike needs a bath...

Rack 'em and stack 'em...

It's about freakin' time...
Weather, work, and other stuff has kept me off the bike until today. Brushed the cobwebs off the bike (and myself) and headed out with some fantastic temps in the forecast.
Left home at 14C and expecting higher. Did not disappoint. Down to 2 long sleeve layers, and regular gloves.

Yup, still closed. Rats... almost 5 months now!

Complete gridlock on Hwy 99 heading South to the border...

The tide is NOT HIGH, and I'm movin' on...

Mount Baker at 10x zoom...

No idea...

No politics, but yeah...

Half way through I had to lose the top layer.
3/4 of the way I had to roll up my sleeves. Ended the ride at 19C. Could have been shorts and t-shirt!
Finally...

Back