Could i convert this bathroom into a vocal booth? Pics!

Canibus

I have a personal bathroom in the room i spend the most of my time
here is a pic of it from the outside. I plan to remove all the plumbing
batgh.jpg

With the door open. as you can see, there is a window. This would of course have to be covered up
018.jpg

This is the back of the bathroom
004.jpg

The opposite side where the mirror is
005.jpg

007.jpg

another pic for reference
019.jpg

ok i took some rough measurements.
height=6'5''
length=5'5''
width=2'6''

keep in mind that im pretty small, only 5'4" and i only need me and my
mic. so what would i need to do for DECENT ISOLATION. I know i wont ge the best but anyone have ideas? thank you, please respond as quickly as possible.

so what would i need to do for DECENT ISOLATION.
That depends. Isolation from what? Trains, planes, dogs, the neighbor upstairs, a sleeping baby?? You need to tell us your isolation goal. The problem is, as usual, deciphering what "decent" means. In reality, it means nothing unless you can put it in concrete terms.

For instance, one person may only have a country road with light traffic noise . Decent to him may not take much. However, if "decent" means keeping a train out of the mic, and its 20 feet from the window, or keeping your crazy mother in law from killing you if you wake her up..in the next room:eek: how much money you got? :D

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
That depends. Isolation from what? Trains, planes, dogs, the neighbor upstairs, a sleeping baby?? You need to tell us your isolation goal. The problem is, as usual, deciphering what "decent" means. In reality, it means nothing unless you can put it in concrete terms.

For instance, one person may only have a country road with light traffic noise . Decent to him may not take much. However, if "decent" means keeping a train out of the mic, and its 20 feet from the window, or keeping your crazy mother in law from killing you if you wake her up..in the next room:eek: how much money you got? :D
oh yeah, im sorry for that. I dont need to keep noise in, just out. that bathroom is towards the backyard so maybe just the neighbors dog and the humming of my PC in the next room. planes that are above. thats about it. I also want to put in a solid core door which hopefully isnt too hard

OPPS! Sorry bout that. Well, that makes things easier. The first thing would be sealing the window with a two leaf box. I'll post a pic and some other info tomorrow. I'm bushed after framing a door in my studio today. Later.
fitZ

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
OPPS! Sorry bout that. Well, that makes things easier. The first thing would be sealing the window with a two leaf box. I'll post a pic and some other info tomorrow. I'm bushed after framing a door in my studio today. Later.
fitZ
cool, ill make sure to check tommorrow then :)

Hello canibus, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. Too many irons in the fire. Anyway, here is a section through the window. This is a TWO leaf sealed window filler. Note the layer of drywall over it. Yes, the entire room :eek: Maybe 2 if one don't do it. But theres more, but I'm outa time. More later.
fitZ

WINDOW FILLER.gif

Back