Confessions of a M312b owner.

what say we do one of mine then! :D

Give me a week to get something down on cassette then PM me an address.

Herm, despite all the posturing and hooplah,....

I don't think anyone's getting cut off of NWR for covers. My whole page is covers, and it's still accessible. You may want to try again, from a different angle, new log in, etc. Maybe there's another reason your NWR page is not accessible,... otherwise I might expect my entire NWR page to go *poof* eventually [?]:eek:

This users account has been disabled for violating terms of service.

This is what I get when I try and log in plus I tried starting a new account but he must be using my email address to lock me out.

I will see if there is another way maybe

I appreciate you giving it a go Herm, but if it won't work, then don't sweat it on my behalf. (Computers seem to sense my songs and weird out! LOL )

I've got my music pc In and Out restored... I STILL have to fight with reinstalling my internet software on there, THEN I can start mixing a mp3.

The very notion of "jamming" a project together with all Home Recorders is SWEET!!!!

:)

Well, I don't quite know how you guys intend to use analog recording...

and mp3 as an exchange medium [?]

Maybe, send a reel tape around, and post the proof tracks and proof mixes to the web? I dunno.

Anyway, you guys have probably been around here long enough to know that web-collabs are very popular here. This won't be the first, but I thought it was aimed at being the first reel analog collab.

Maybe I'm not up to speed on this yet [?] It's an analog collab production, isn't it? With mp3's for proofs? Eh?

Well the collab I had in mind DOES mean sending the master REEL from person to person where it would end up at Ghost's.

The Mp3 was just to see who is interested in the song and then as reference material once I post the Chord/Lyric sheet.

Sounds like a plan!

I am putting on my boots and waiting at the mail box!;)

What is the best way to ship the reel so that it doesn't fall prey to magnetic damage?

Cheers! :)

Hey ghost and Reel If you guys have a yahoo email account? I have a place with the song. Let me know if you do and I will pm you with the name of the groups account where you can get the file

I'm back to hating PCs!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I actually have the abilty at the moment to invent new swear words!

I doubt this will work, but I'll give it a go (It's all I CAN do at the moment)

HOLLYWOOD
D A G
She’s down with per-oxide follicle suicide
D A D A D
(Bleach blonde Bleach blonde oh yeah!)

D A G
She gets con-fused sometimes pointing out fashion crimes
D A D A G
(Tan lines show-ing oh yeah!)

G A D A G
There’s no need to worry she ain’t in no hurry
G A D
She’s just hanging out yeah and having fun.

A A A A A A A A
La la la la la la la

D A G
He’s making the big loot martini business suit
D A D A D
(Big loot Big suit oh yeah!)

D A G
He likes his new car just fine makes it to work by nine
D A D A G
(Look out Look out Man!)

G A D A G
Are you hurt don’t worry call a Doctor hurry
G A D
She says “I don’t need no Doctor I just fell in love!”

(AND ALL THE PARENTS SAY!!!)

D A E G A
“Holly-wood Holly-wood! You know you just don’t need it!

D A E G A
Holly-wood Holly-wood! No you just cant beat it!!!

D A E G A D A E G
Holly-wood Holly-wood! Holly-wood Holly-wood Oh!

(*Double Time outro)

D A E G A D A E
Holly-wood Holly-wood! Holly-wood Holly-wood

D A E
Holly-wood Holly-wood!

G A G A
You know you just can’t beat it! Really gonna need it,
G A D~
but you just can’t beat it now!

Lyrics & Music (For now)
By Billy Furnett

EDIT: Fuck it! I give up today!!!!!!! LOL
(I can't get it to line up!)

Thanks... (It's very simple of course)
I wrote it in '99 I THINK.

Man what a day!
After searching everywhere withoutluck for the diskette I have a Wav to MP3 converter on, I decide to send it to a disc from my music PC, BUT suddenly it won't work now after working fine yesterday and after several on and offs!! So finally I downloaded a new version and converted the WAV I used to make Herms disc into an mp3 and signed up to Nowhere, but then THAT PC just freaked out and won't load full web pages!

LOL There is a spirit in this song!

Hey, what do I put in the 'Short ULR' section on Nowhere??

Thanks Ghost..

I figured that's how it was but I could only get like three pages in before it would just quit, so I never made it to the Help page on that PC.

I read it from this PC (Old reliable), then I got all the way to uploading the damn song... I mean it was uploading then just quit!!!
(I swear I have all the makings of being like Elvis and shooting the screens...,well except my name isn't Elvis AND I don't have a gun AND I'd never do it, but other than that I'm there I swear!)

This will be the account (SOMEDAY! LOL)
http://www.nowhereradio.com/billyfurnett

Billy,

The page is actually there now so, congrats on that much!:)

I got the song from Herm's Yahoo page so at least I got that too!

I like the song. It sounds like something we could all participate on and have some fun with, adding our own parts.

I look forward to doing the vocals on it and what ever else there might be room for on the reel.

One thing; Please tell me this was NOT recorded on your 38 and M312B!:eek:

Cheers! :)

I have it up on the page now by hook or crook (Somehow!)

(Sigh) Yeah it was, but it was mixed down to a pretty messed up cassette deck, then recorded from there to a software program, through a homemade 1/8 inch stereo cable, then burned to a disc.

I doubt the mp3 sounds any better.
:(

I'm about to TRY to mix it down directly to software right now, but the way things are going it's hard to say what will happen! LOL
(If you see a headline about a man that was attacked by a squid or something while mixing a song down, then rest assured it was me.)

Back