Cheapest preamp with phantom power

Ridickolas

I'm looking (for a friend) for the cheapest preamp or audio interface with an XLR mic input and Phantom Power. I've found some quite good priced ones, mainly USB for under £100, but they have 2 mic inputs, he only needs one, because it's just for recording himself rapping, and I imagine it would be cheaper with only 1. If anyone knows of a cheap but good one please tell me. I'm not really experienced in preamps and audiointerfaces as someone gave me the M-Audio Firewire Solo and that does it for me at the moment. Replies would be appreciated.

bare in mind that the Rane doesn't have any conversion to digital, and as such, he will need an interface to convert the line-level signal coming out of that mic preamp into a digital signal to run via USB or firewire.

The other issue will be that if you want an interface that also has preamps, you aren't going to find anything with just one channel.

The smallest thing that I've had luck with is the Presonus Firebox - which I just so happen to be selling on ebay because I also have a Firepod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Presonus-Firebo...ryZ41784QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not just soliciting, it really is a good device, and comes with Cubase LE, a very good piece of software.

But, if he needs to go cheaper, and still needs a preamp... I got nothin, sorry.

Back