Catchy Title Yields Many Responses

jamesduysen

Hey guys,

I am in the process of tracking a local christian band. I posted a song without vocals a few days ago. This is a different tune but this one does have the main female vocal tracked.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE T-PAIN INTO, IT IS A PRACTICAL JOKE AGAINST ONE OF THE MORE SERIOUS MEMBERS OF THE BAND.

Please take a listen and let me know what you think of the mix, performances, or whatever.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6211157707dc4252/

Thanks in advance,

-jD

Decent production values, it sounds like. Personally, I dislike overuse of vocoders, I think it was stupid when Cher and that redneck from Michigan did it, now it's stupid AND passe'.

Interesting line with the synth- remindes me of Scottish music. I would go with that and re-track it with bag pipes.

I have zero interest in Christian music, so I may not be the most unbiased commentor on the lyrics, but I find them to be the usual banal stuff from that genre. JMHO, I suppose.

I don't know if the over autotuned intro vocal is the practical joke you said to disregard. I hope so, it sounds corny. I'd have to agree that this sounds like the same cookie cutter Christian worship stuff that all sounds the same. I consider myself a Christian, but I find most Christian music really dull, and uninspiring. I think you could make it a lot more interesting if you put in some real acoustic instruments. Yes, even bagpipes would be a big improvement.

Ha,

Thanks for the speedy response guys.

First of all the intro with the t-pain autotune/vocoder is a joke. I don't know how far you got into the song but there are some leads and other non-synth things going on.

I am an atheist and don't care for the music, but I try to take every opportunity to learn something new.

Thanks again,

-jD

Sounds a little muddy in the hell region of the eq band. Give that chick singing a little auto-tune treatment. The vocals are kind of rough.

Song is pretty good, James. To me the theme isn't important, it's the song that counts. Songs about the devil can sound pretty corny too.....:D The one thing that hits me is the singer's a bit louder than everything else and sounds a bit detached from the rest of the mix. Some pitch problems in the chorus. I would have her re-sing some parts, even if it is just single words or single phrases. Basically she seems to have a good voice, but maybe she lacks experience. A few harmonies would help the song too. I find the mix sounds pretty good and the auto-tune...well, I guess that's all about taste.

Joey :):):):)

FYI--to the folks who find the lyrics a bit lacking--it's a cover. It's a worship tune (by David Ruiz) that goes back a number of years. So this band didn't write the words (though they chose the song to cover.)

Back