can't use CD-ROM and play music

sandwiches

something i've noticed aobut my computer is that when i use my cd-rom and play audio at the same time, it starts affecting the audio, and the song will keep blanking out rapidly, and play slower.

anyone have that same problem? i have 2 CD drives, one CD-Rom and one burner.

when i play music CDs, the burner one plays them fine but the CD-Rom drive seems to have this annoying effect.

what size processor you got? and how much ram? also wat speed is does the cd rom read at? Those are factors in your problem.. Honestly Ive never heard of that lol, well ive heard of the music getting choppy if someone puts a cd in their cpu while playing other music say with wmp but the slowing down would mean your cpu is slowing down due to the cd rom being accessed I believe..

Probably running in digital audio mode and not analog. This can cause probs if the computer is a little older and/or has lots of stuff running in the background.
Assuming WinMe,2000,XP, and you have the analog audio cable runing from your cdrom to your sound card, you can disable digital audio mode in device manager under your cdrom listing. If you are using media player to play audio cds you might also have to go into media player's tools/devices and disable digital audio playback as well. Then make sure your cd settings in windows mixer are turned up.

Back