cant get zoom h4n to work with cubase

Tropical

I have the latest drivers, and everything in vst connections says its all connected but i still cant get any sound to go in for recording, Ive restarted cubase and my computer many times to try to get it to work, it worked last week perfectly but now its just crap. I tried tons of things before i posted here so i dont think it is something too obvious but if it is please tell me, and yea thanks for reading this.
please watch this video because it shows everything. I have restarted computer many times, and re-installed the driver 3 times. Here is the video, but i cant post links yet so just type in /watch?v=Vo38-Df4r7w after youtube(dot)com

edit: for those of you who dont want to watch the video here are the pictures, hit record and nothing gets recorded and go on the mixer and when i tap on the mics no sound is going in

EDIT SOLUTION: Hey guys so after I convinced my self I was doing every single thing right and was doing the exact same settings as I was when it did work, I decided to contact Zoom support to see if it is was the zoom by some chance. I found out that the zoom h4n has some compatibility issues with AMD motherboards. So basically I sat there reconnecting and disconnecting my zoom h4n for like 30 minutes and it worked eventually, then did it one more time and it didnt work. So basically theres about a 1 in 20 chance then a certain connection will work. I used my sisters computer with intel motherboard and no problem each time, so yea its just I have an AMD chip and it aint so hot with zoom h4n. Thanks for trying to help me anyway :p

Attachments

• cubaseproblem.png
    cubaseproblem.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 555
  • cubaseproblem1.png
    cubaseproblem1.png
    238 KB · Views: 509
  • cubaseproblem2.png
    cubaseproblem2.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
I didn't see the monitor button lit up on the channel. It was too fuzzy to tell if you selected the input bus for the channel in the Inspector window either. Check those first.

There are many things that can cause things to be slowing Cubase. None of them have really anything to do with Cubase. It is usually simple optimization of your computer for audio recording. Worse case scenario, would be that your processor is just not fast enough. It doesn't take much to just run Cubase however. It would be VST's that would bog down your CPU. Your video card could also be a culprit of slow video performance, but more likely CPU overload due to crap running in the background. There are basic steps for optimization. If you give info as to what you are running, I could recommend you a site for direct instructions on how to do these optimization steps.

I am not sure how the h4n works as an interface. Obviously it is an input device. Does it have ability to output to a monitoring device? Sorry, I don't have time to find out myself right now.

I'll be back in a few hours. Hope any of this helped...

Yea i had the input bus selected. I have no applications running, my computer is relatively good, its pretty new, like 2 months old, i know its not going to be able to handle any massive projects but yea like i said before i was able to record a song last week with applications running at the same time and it ran perfectly smooth. The h4n is an input device and also an output setting, I didnt have the moniter button clicked but it doesnt matter because when i clicked record there was nothing being recorded anyway, right? hopefully thats not a retarded thought haha. Im not really a computer techy or anything so i dont know how to say what im running haha, but here is the computer i am using: the hp dv6z-7000 series and i upgraded to AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) and 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive and 12GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm). Thanks for helping, and sorry for the bad video quality i didnt want to do 1080 cuz the file is just too big

idk if this helps any troubleshooting or anything, but if i have cubase already running and then plug in interface it runs smoothly but still cant record anything, but if i have interface plugged in prior to opening cubase it runs slowly and still cant record anything, but i think ive read many place that plugging in everything before opening cubase is the right way so idk if that helps or anything

Hey guys so after I convinced my self I was doing every single thing right and was doing the exact same settings as I was when it did work, I decided to contact Zoom support to see if it is was the zoom by some chance. I found out that the Zoom H4n has some compatibility issues with AMD motherboards. So basically I sat there reconnecting and disconnecting my Zoom H4n for like 30 minutes and it worked eventually, then did it one more time and it didnt work. So basically theres about a 1 in 20 chance then a certain connection will work. I used my sisters computer with intel motherboard and no problem each time, so yea its just I have an AMD chip and it aint so hot with Zoom H4n. Thanks for trying to help me anyway

Back