cakewalk home studio

jINXBEATZ

i just got this program.i was using cool edit pro and still love it. but cakewalk when tried to import an audio file which is an instrumental wav file,upon playback it is very cracky. how do i fix. or is it even worth switching from cool edit? :(

I used HS in the past and still have a copy of it here (somewhere). I used it without any problem. I'm thinking you don't have the audio settings configured properly to work with your audio interface.

Start by deleting the Aud.ini file and let the application re-profile the card. BTW...which card do you have? It's doubtful that you have a "problem" but rather a configuration/set up situation.

oh is that it

it will crack even if its just playing a wav file from the hard drive? anyway i dont have an audio interface i have one shipping to me right now its a MAudio Audiophile USB Audio. not here yet.but just loading a wav file into the cakewalk will cause cracking upon playback? :confused:

Go to options > audio and try increasing the playback buffer by sliding the slider at the bottom further to the right.

cakewalk vs. cool edit

i think cool edit is more flexible than cakewalk. i like switching views on an individual track in cool edit. is there gonna be a sound difference between the 2 as far as recording vocals? :cool:

Back