CAD Equitek E-200

Washburn100

I have an opportunity to pick this mic up used for $140.

Anyone have any experience with it, opionions, sound like a good deal?

Thanks

I've got an E200 and I like it. Had it for about 12 years or so and never a problem.
I've used it on acoustic guitar, male and female vox and on all it seems to carry it's own. Full and crisp.

Not sure about all of em but the one I have is a touch noisy. It's fine on one or two tracks but I'd imagine if ya had this thing miked up to several tracks goin at once, you'd start raising the noise floor a bit.
:drunk:

Thanks guys, and Miroslav for the link. I'll go look at it this weekend and see. You never know, it may have tire tracks on it, but if it looks good, I think I'll get it.

I bought one direct from the factory about 15 years ago. This is still my fist choice mic for vocals. Great mic with a vintage sound to it; it's got character.

Well, I'm going to see the mic tomorrow and like I said, unless it has tire tracks on it, I'll buy it. I have a question for the guys that own one.

This mic is about 12 years old and has been stored for several years. I'm wondering about the ni-cad batteries. I assume like most ni-cads, they eventually won't hold a charge so what kind of batteries are they? (form factor) I found a manual of the E200 on line but it doesn't mention what the batteries are?

Anybody ever change them?

Thanks

As long as you have Phantom Power on your mixer or pre amp, the batteries should not be an issue. I haven't touched the battery in 15 years of use.

Got curious and opened up my E-200. There are 2 9v batteries. Very easy to get to and replace. Both of the batteries in mine still have power. That seems amazing.

Back