Rain

Bulls Hit

Well it's supposed to be summer here in the southern hemisphere, but we're just getting indundated.
Looks like it's hanging around as well for the next week, so kinda frustrating
I took some visuals this morning around the backyard, but the pictures don't really give a good indication of how fricken wet it actually is.

Anyway keen to hear any thoughts on the balance - anything you think should be brought up or taken back?

New mix

Last edited:
Yeah , it looks a little Too Wet there to me .. I believe the river running down the street said it all. A headphone listen on my laptop I thought the song balance was Good. I did feel like it was missing some highs . May just be my audio set up though .. By the way , Beautiful yard ! mark

Cheers guys. Yeah I think your right, I EQ'd the guitars up a bit up top, probably getting buried a little before. Thanks for the spins!

Wow, thats a lot of rain, all snow and freezing here (Michigan).
One of the more straight forward songs I've heard from you , well until the 1:24 mark ...LOVE that! Pretty quirky little break with the guitars, and panning vocal! Your drums always sound great! Cool tune!

Last edited:
::goes looking for the part with stereo effects::

It sounds like you're doubling the vocal, right? Ordinarily, I'd say something like 'double it - sometimes that adds *just* the right amount of heft to the vocal (check out Skinner's most recent). So because of that, I just shrug and say 'turn the vocal up'.

Well it's supposed to be summer here in the southern hemisphere, but we're just getting indundated.
Looks like it's hanging around as well for the next week, so kinda frustrating
I took some visuals this morning around the backyard, but the pictures don't really give a good indication of how fricken wet it actually is.

Anyway keen to hear any thoughts on the balance - anything you think should be brought up or taken back?

New mix

I really like the drums, very 90's sort of grunge Nirvana and Soundgarden. Are the drums live or sequenced? guitars are pretty cool.
Maybe the vocal could be brought up a bit and maybe more aggressive. Maybe get the singer to shout and scream a bit on the 2nd chorus. I think that would give the track a bit more edge. The vocal is good, but if he really goes for it with aggression on the second chorus that would do it for me...

Kind regards xxxx

::goes looking for the part with stereo effects::
Ha sorry about that. . Yep the vocal is mostly doubled. It looks like bringing up the guitar has masked them. Thanks for that, now that you mention it, it's kind of obvious

I really like the drums, very 90's sort of grunge Nirvana and Soundgarden. Are the drums live or sequenced? guitars are pretty cool.
Maybe the vocal could be brought up a bit and maybe more aggressive. Maybe get the singer to shout and scream a bit on the 2nd chorus. I think that would give the track a bit more edge. The vocal is good, but if he really goes for it with aggression on the second chorus that would do it for me...

Kind regards xxxx
The drums are real. They were a bit too roomy so I turned down the ohead and room mics and ran the close mics out thru an Altec limiter set to abuse and blended them back in. Happy with how they turned out.
Thanks for the vocal tip. That's actually a good idea but unfortunately the singer doesn't know what the hell he's doing so aggressive screaming is probably out of the question

As a side experiment, K - run the vox through a distortion unit. They're low in the mix and I couldn't make the lyric out clearly. Rest of the balances are fine.

You Aussies and New Zealanders are getting soaked!

Back