BR-864 bouncing and mastering help

homernogetit

Greetings folks -

I've tried a search on these topics but couldn’t find much so my apologies if its been posted already and the ignorance and amature-ness of my questions

Im wondering if anyone has any experience using the BR-864's or something similar when it comes to the bouncing and mastering of the tracks.

I just ruined a nights work attempting to master my tracks and not understanding the mastering process. Ug.

Im trying to get my head wrapped around the physical settings to select for bouncing and mastering.

I understand the V-Track concept but the set up is confusing me.

When I bounced I set it up so it would go 34V1 ………….so that says to me tracks are being bounced to tracks 3 & 4 and Virtual track 1………..that seemed to work

Then for mastering when ever I tried to put the track somewhere I was getting only half the tracks being played?...

Can someone please tell me what to select for both bouncing and mastering, walk me threw it…………..the Manuel I find is just useless in regards to this.

Maybe you didn't see my reply on the other thread you started - it went over to the 2nd page in the Newbies section:

Working with a BR600, I am guessing when you go to Mastering mode, you first need to select the source tracks (in your case 34-V1), then select the destination tracks. With the 600, the default destination tracks are always 78 and the next-available V track.

It sounds like your may only be getting 3-V1 or 4 V1 as your source - or you are recording 34-V1 to a single destination track ,rather than 2 (stereo) tracks.

Back