Boomer

Bulls Hit

This jam has evolved/dissolved into a hot mess, probably due to the fact it's been in various stages of gestation for about 3 months. I started it last October and then had to rebuild my studio when my M-audio interface clapped out after 12 years of faithful service. So I bought a new Tascam unit, but of course they don't do drivers for XP so I had to upgrade to Win10 but my old rig wouldn't run 10 so I had to get a new computer....etc. I even had to rearrange the rack as the Tascam has the inputs on the front and the patchbay was all obscured.
Anyway if anyone has any suggestions on the mix or arrangement or anything, I'm all ears. There are parts of this I like, but as a whole it needs...something. After 3 months I'm lacking some perspective.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm a fan of those hard-panned piercing synths. They cut through the mix for sure, but they also cut through my eardrums. Maybe a touch of EQ or verb to smooth them a little?

Otherwise, the mix sounds good. Nice guitar tone. Your mixes are getting more and more Skinny Puppy-esque

I don't think I'm a fan of those hard-panned piercing synths. They cut through the mix for sure, but they also cut through my eardrums. Maybe a touch of EQ or verb to smooth them a little?

Otherwise, the mix sounds good. Nice guitar tone. Your mixes are getting more and more Skinny Puppy-esque
Cheers Steve. Yeah I've smoothed out those synths a bit. I find the monologue to be quite a blippy fizzy synth even in the lower registers. Weird though I don't think I've ever crossed paths with Skinny Puppy

Sounds great to me mixwise. I'm listening on my pickup stereo system.
I love the tune man!
Very cool.

Back