BIG problem!! m-audio delta 1010

dumass

=(

my soundcard had a lot of crackling, so i deleted the driver and tried to start all over. so i restart and tried to install an updated driver from the m-audio website. while trying to install, i constantly get the error that says that i need to end other setups or programs...but im not running any!!! (ahhh) so i put in the driver cd that came with the soundcard a long while back and it still won't install!!! what do i do now??? or how do i get the new driver to work???

Hmmm ... without having a similar problem, it's hard to suggest a work-around.
That said, I will offer at least my 2 cents.
Did you just delete the driver or did you use an uninstall option?
If you deleted it ... is it still in the Recycle Bin?
What operating system are you using?
If you have XP ... have you tried System Restore? Restoring to point prior to the deletion.
Have you tried the "Add/Remove programs" option in the control panel to remove any M-Audio software? May even need to try this while booted in Safe Mode.
If anything you could email M-Audio support explaining exactly what you did and the exact error you get. They may be able to offer a fix.

crankz1 said:
Hmmm ... without having a similar problem, it's hard to suggest a work-around.
That said, I will offer at least my 2 cents.
Did you just delete the driver or did you use an uninstall option?
If you deleted it ... is it still in the Recycle Bin?
What operating system are you using?
If you have XP ... have you tried System Restore? Restoring to point prior to the deletion.
Have you tried the "Add/Remove programs" option in the control panel to remove any M-Audio software? May even need to try this while booted in Safe Mode.
If anything you could email M-Audio support explaining exactly what you did and the exact error you get. They may be able to offer a fix.

where do i go to restore ?

If your using XP...
System File Checker could work but it could put your microsoft patches back to previous versions. You would just have to run Windows Update again to make sure you are patched.

Here is the command
Run it in the ms-dos prompt
sfc /scannnow

dumass said:
where do i go to restore ?

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Pick an available restore point just prior to where you removed the driver.

thanks a lot...so i got back the old driver, and everything is working now, i got rid of the crackling....it was just the buffer size...

but wat do i need to do to get the latest m-audio drivers to work?

If it ain't broke .... don't fix it! :cool:
Unless you are having other issues with the older drivers, why not just continue to use them?
I'm a MOTU user myself, so I'm not the best authority on M-Audio gear, but my guess would be that somewhere within the download site for the new drivers one should be able to find some instructions in regard to updating them.
Most likely there should be some form of un-installer that you would use to un-install the current driver prior to installing the new one.
I'm sure M-Audio would have a tech support email addy or phone number that you could get some assistance from.

HTH

Back