Best Amp Modelers

lol @ someone wanting to throw down the "I can smoke you" gauntlet!

People get so offended by unimportant stuff.

lol @ someone wanting to throw down the "I can smoke you" gauntlet!

People get so offended by unimportant stuff.

Right? What's he gonna "smoke" me at anyway? Playing guitar? Sure, fine, whatever. Tons of people are way better players than me. WTF do I care? That he would even go there is dumb as hell. :laughings:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one (or if by "amp modelers" the OP meant software sims or hardware modelers) but the Fender Mustang Floor unit is one of the best (if not THE best) for the price. I'm fairly impressed with how well the models react to the nuances of my playing, very similar to a "real" amp. Just my two cents. ;)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one (or if by "amp modelers" the OP meant software sims or hardware modelers) but the Fender Mustang Floor unit is one of the best (if not THE best) for the price. I'm fairly impressed with how well the models react to the nuances of my playing, very similar to a "real" amp. Just my two cents. ;)
actually had a bass fill-in gig with a band a month or so ago that used a Mustang amp ..... sounded quite good.

They're gonna miss their tubes......they could've played warm instead of freezing their asses off. :D

Last edited:
There was a "rockumentary" on Lemmy recently.....he's a funny guy, and the way he just rips on the bass, I mean he just mauls it....there's no "finesse" to his playing. :D

When you're living in a condo, working out of a 'bedroom studio', amp modeler's are often the best thing to use imo.
I stand by a lot of the Line6 models. A lot of good setups and presets right from the get go.

The modellers embedded directly within Logic are...not awful, but I find I need to do A Lot of flipping around setups & tweaking settings, just to find something decent to practice with to pre-recorded tracks (I do this to figure out interesting progressions, lines, etc. to selected loops in rhythm tracks...mostly post-rock/indietronic music, if that matters to my response). Getting a decent tone to actually record final guitar parts though, is another level of OCD completely with me, if relying on the Logic amp modellers.

I've also fiddled with Guitar Rig, Amplitube, and Ampeg. The first (Guitar Rig), has some semi-nice stuff, but I don't always like the interface, and I find a lot of the effects very 'novelty' in essence, which tends to push me away from the program since I do use a lot of fx-heavy tones. The other two mentioned there...they just sit in the Applications folder really. Nothing special there, as far as I've found.

Tried out the LePou stuff and really like it. It's unbelievable that it's freeware. Seems a lot lighter on resources compared to Guitar Rig. I believe it was the ecstasy model that I was goofing with. So incredibly versatile and SO easy to get a great, convincing tone. I was paring it with LeCab, and also used the acme bar gig cab plugin. I'm going to check at some of the acme bar gig amp models at some point thus weekend.

Back