Behringer B1..?

DJL said:
Joe Meek, Nady, Studio Projects, Behringer, etc are all just cheap Chinese made budget type mics and really no better or worst than any other cheap budget mic.

I've had experience with a bunch of Chinese mics and I'm afraid I disagree. Studio Projects mics are in a completely different bracket. Although, if you're looking for real quality go for the C series.

c9-2001 said:
for the hell of it i might go buy a b1 and see how it sounds through my mp1 :rolleyes: :confused:

I did this the other way round, I had the berry and bought a new SP B1 off ebay at silly money to compare the two.

This has given me much more insight into the attitudes of various people on this forum and of course the Mics.

Tony

Well there seems to be mixed opinions, although most people seem to hate Behringer :confused:

I've ordered it now, because, until now, the only microphones I've used are a £5 pc microphone, and a £15 Dynamic mic, so anything above that will surely be an improvement.

After this Behringer mic,
The next 2 mic's I'll buy will be SM 58 and maybe studio projects B1, and then I'll be able to compare them for myself :)

I'm not sure if I'd do that! Why not save up and take a step up?

There's cases for both of those mics punching above their weights, but why buy something that's not a tonne better than what you already have? Just a thought.

Have fun with your recordings, come and post in the MP3 clinic when you have some stuff to share.

Lol i'ma test a behringer b1,cheap mxl and a nady mic(1050) though my focusrite isa220 and a-designs mp1. just happen to find someone that had some budget mics and i asked him if i could test his mics..
i'ma even track and mix a song for him at my studio for his demo for free.(with my mics of course)

robgb said:
I've had experience with a bunch of Chinese mics and I'm afraid I disagree. Studio Projects mics are in a completely different bracket. Although, if you're looking for real quality go for the C series.
That's ok, we can't always all agree... and there are plenty of hr.com members who like their Behringer B1 mics too. :)

DJL said:
Hey Marik, and thanks for sharing your opinions with the group too. :)

On the second thought, there weren't opinions, but facts, as it is the fact that SP uses better capsules. It is the fact that SP uses much better parts, and particularly capacitors. It is the fact that unlike Behr and Nady, SP does not steal or uses existing designes, but develops its own, original ones. It is the fact that any other existing company, including AKG and Neumann should just dream about SP's legendary "no question asked" customer support.

Sorry, I did not word it right from the beginning. Hopefully, now it is more clear.

Studio Projects vs. Marshall, ADK, SDE, Behringer and etc.

Marik said:
On the second thought, there weren't opinions, but facts, as it is the fact that SP uses better capsules. It is the fact that SP uses much better parts, and particularly capacitors. It is the fact that unlike Behr and Nady, SP does not steal or uses existing designes, but develops its own, original ones. It is the fact that any other existing company, including AKG and Neumann should just dream about SP's legendary "no question asked" customer support.

Sorry, I did not word it right from the beginning. Hopefully, now it is more clear.
When can hr.com expect the proof supporting your claims? I'll be looking forward to seeing the documents, pictures and etc of all the mics. Thanks again.

DJL said:
When can hr.com expect the proof supporting your claims? I'll be looking forward to seeing the documents, pictures and etc of all the mics. Thanks again.

Proof?!?!?!?!

Does it mean you don't believe my word?!?! Oh yeah, I forgot, you need proofs even from Harvey!
You never change DJL, and for you I won't post any documents, pics, and etc..

Marik said:

Marik.
Maybe the better Mics in the SP range are as you describe but the quality of the parts used in the two B1's are the same , Wima caps etc. I obviously cannot comment on the capsule, who could apart from perhaps Alan Hyatt,

The Berry B1 is probably an off the shelf design from Beijing 797 how is that copying?

Tony

wilkee said:
mmmm, yea i see that but after hearing them.. the berry b1 and the sp b1 sound 100% different...
perhaps capsules...

hell i'm str8 though, i'll have my blue bottle in 2 weeks. lets see behringer try to copy that.. let alown sound half as good... i can see it now.. a newbie post" new behringer mic sounds better than a bottle and its only $300" LMAO

Well sile2001, I think it's pretty bold of Marik to claim Studio Projects makes the BEST Chinese made mics (better than Marshall, ADK, SDE, Behringer and etc, etc) without providing any proof... don't you?

EDIT: (Note sile2001 post was deleted) Anyway...
Those importing microphones from China (Behringer, Marshall, Studio Projects, Nady, Joe Meek, ADK, SE, and etc) being an off-the-shelf, modified or their own design are getting the mics from the same handful of Chinese factories. For example, FEILO in Shanghai, state-owned 797 Audio, Soundking in Ningbo, Marshall Electronics or SE Electronics “disengaged from FEILO“, Fengli and etc. IMO, all the cheap Chinese made budget mics are pretty much the same... meaning... no single importer/factory clearly makes the best Chinese made microphones.

c9-2001 said:
i can see it now.. a newbie post" new behringer mic sounds better than a bottle and its only $300" LMAO
LOL... you can almost bet on it... just like the C1/U87 crap... lol.

Last edited:
c9-2001 said:
mmmm, yea i see that but after hearing them.. the berry b1 and the sp b1 sound 100% different...
perhaps capsules...

I do not think so, but if you have indeed heard both Mics I am happy to accept that this is your honest view.

Tony
p.s. you have never seen me comment on the Berry Mics being better than any other.

the testing has started.. the b2pro is a little brittle though the mp1 but when going through a distressor it sounds a hole lot better... for behringer i can say its probably their best product in the last 8-10years.
the nady i nickname the noise mic. it has so much self noise its crazy. i didn't even bother with it...maybe i'll go back to it but i doubt it.
the mxl v67 sounds decent..for$70 it sounds good. its not a lead vox mic at all but background vox. i'm using it as a talkback mic right now.. works great LOL

still have to test the b1's...

Back