Behringer B1..?

slobbermonster said:
I'm sure it will sound just like a c12 or u47 ;) probably make you change your mind about getting a Bottle.
i have a lawson 47, it doesn't even sound like the real u47(tube or fet)
a sure wouldn't mind a C12..
but hey, with the bottle i can swap the caps and use a c12 cap.. the electronics are different but its as close as i'ma get until i really get big.. then i'ma really be a gear slut :D
i'ma have a stereo pair of every top mic for the hell of it LOL i can see it now.. 2 blue bottles, 2 u47, 2 u67, 2 sony c800, 2 akg c12, 2 soundelux 251s, 2brauner vma's,2 Gefell UM900 with api, focusrite reds, avalon 2022, drawmer 1969s, massenburgs :eek: :eek: :eek:
if i was a woman i'd be wet as crazy right now LMFAO... until that day.. the ISA220 holds the fort down

so far i give the SLIGHT EDGE to the sp mainly b/c it can handle louder sources easier than the berry.
it seems to have a fuller sound over the berry with a decent lowend. i rolled everything at 75hz and the sp was still thicker than the berry. neither mic is bright or splashy... presence.. the berry has a presence boost. i've tested both mics with a vocalist 2inches away from the mic up to 2 feet away... the berry has a presence boost imo.. the b2pro does too.. a large boost from 2khz to about 5khz IMO

for the price these days i'd tell someone to get the v67 over the berry. the sp isn't bad. for some reasn it reminds me of the ntv.. not saying it sounds like the ntv b/c the ntv sounds quite like a u47 but something about its tone i guess. it doesn't have the hi end of the ntv at all.
next test will be saturday morning with the Focusrite liquid :D this has to be a first for behringer

DJL said:
Well sile2001, I think it's pretty bold of Marik to claim Studio Projects makes the BEST Chinese made mics (better than Marshall, ADK, SDE, Behringer and etc, etc) without providing any proof... don't you?

Well DJL, I think it is pretty disgusting of you to claim that I "claim Studio Projects makes the BEST Chinese made mics (better than Marshall, ADK, SDE, Behringer and etc, etc)". I'd love to see where and when did I write it. Any proof?

Or is it once again just twisting words and putting things into my mouth? Have to admit, you are good, very good in that. Years of practicing, or is it just your second nature?

Marik said:
Well DJL, I think it is pretty disgusting of you to claim that I "claim Studio Projects makes the BEST Chinese made mics (better than Marshall, ADK, SDE, Behringer and etc, etc)". I'd love to see where and when did I write it. Any proof?

Or is it once again just twisting words and putting things into my mouth? Have to admit, you are good, very good in that. Years of practicing, or is it just your second nature?
Listen Marik, I think the cheap Chinese made budget mics are pretty much the same... meaning... no single importer/factory clearly makes the best Chinese made microphones... and if you have problem with that, too bad. I've been nice to you up to this point... so get the hell off my back already.

DJL said:
Listen Marik, I think the cheap Chinese made budget mics are pretty much the same... meaning... no single importer/factory clearly makes the best Chinese made microphones... and if you have problem with that, too bad. I've been nice to you up to this point... so get the hell off my back already.
I like chinese mics. But I am dying to know what IMO means...thanks, I guess....

If this was the 1970s or 80s, and the internet and home PCs, existed would you be saying the same thing about Japanese cars Don? :rolleyes:

IMO=in my opinion
IMHO= in my humble opinion

If this was the 1970s or 80s, and the internet and home PCs, existed would you be saying the same thing about Japanese cars Don?
I've owned a few Japanese cars. didn't like them. Didn't like my Jap bike either. I own a couple "american" vehicles now and when you look under the hood it the parts are from Japan and Mexico and wherever. I have many Japanese computer parts in my computers. Where it's from isn't the issue.

It's not that the mics are chinese that make them often times inferior, and I own several chinese mics and I know what they sound like, it's that the mics we are discussing are inferior. Some of the Neumann models are pretty crappy. Same with the Australians. I think Oktava is in the same camp and they aren't Chinese that we know of. Of course you never know maybe they make them in China and put their sticker on it. Some of this Chinese stuff is OK but I haven't heard anything yet that is stellar.

DJL said:
... no single importer/factory clearly makes the best Chinese made microphones... and if you have problem with that, too bad. I've been nice to you up to this point... so get the hell off my back already.

I never said anything about BEST Chinese made microphones, and have no problem with that. The only problem I have is your twisting my words and putting them into my mouth. As soon as you stop it, I am off your back. Sounds fair?

Marik said:
I never said anything about BEST Chinese made microphones, and have no problem with that. The only problem I have is your twisting my words and putting them into my mouth. As soon as you stop it, I am off your back. Sounds fair?
Hey Marik - don't let the little troll get to you. He obviously knows very little about recording, and only hangs around here to garner some attention to fill a void in what is probably a miserable existence.

We value your presence here too much to let the little chigger try to make you leave in disgust the way he did Alan and Harvey.

crazydoc said:
Hey Marik - don't let the little troll get to you. <snip>
I see the rock throwing sniper group is already warming up... I wonder how many threads will the started in my behalf this time... lol.
Marik said:
Talk about twisting... for no reason you have been on my ass ever since my first post in this thread... so no, it's not fair. Oh well, I guess I'll just put on my flame proof suit so you can continue to attack me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've got the Behringer B1 today,
Haven't been able to record anything yet, but I listened to it on some headphones through my mixer, just playing acoustic guitar and singing.

Since this is my first mic that I spent more than £15 on, I know hardly anything about microphones, or what a good microphone sounds like, but, to me, this sounds awesome. :)

It could just be the headphones I was using though....
I guess I'll see tomorrow when I can do some proper recording with it.

:cool:

I am currently using an SM57 to record vocals.

I want to buy a condenser, and for costs purposes be able to use it as an extra overhead on my drums. I'm using a Behringer B5 as the single overhead at the mo, I'll move that on to the hi-hats and have the second condenser placed as an overhead over the other side of the kit.

Would I be able to use any of the following mics as drum overheads as well as vocal mics?

Red5 RV6 (tried purchasing, out of stock), Behringer B1, Studio Projects B1

If you can, make sure you get the shop to agree to let you return the second B5 if it doesn't come close to matching the first one (you might like to stipulate that you'll be using it purely for instrumental recording and NOT as a vocal mic or a proctology tool).

Back