Bedroom w/ auralex and Mackie monitors

DaveDrummer

I now have an extra computer from my family, that my dad has given me. Its a P4 1.6Ghz and it works fine. I was thinking about adding some Auralex foam to my bedroom (bass traps, foam panels, etc) and then buying some Mackie HR series monitors to do my mixing. Does anyone recommend any suggestions? The room has the desk facing the short wall (opposite the other short wall, its a rectange room).

Your doing the right thing if you have your desk on one of the short walls in your rectangle if your monitors are located there (less reflection). Other than that every room is different. depends on what you are doing. If you are a drummer then it also depends on where you put your kit.

well my kit is recorded in my basement with pretty good results. Pretty damn good actually. The problem is mixdown. I am currently using $50 altec lansing speakers. How are thoes little 'moveable walls'. basically acoustic foam on stands? looks pretty logical for my project.

I have those same fifty dollar speakers. The funny thing is I mix on a pair of KRK V6s' and then after its all bounced and done I still refer to those Alt Lans. Without having it mastered I try to mix to those speakers and my car. Seems like the balance between works well. Haven't ried using the moveable walls, as far as your bedroom goes, cheap way, try hanging some blankets up. Auralex is not cheap, but it does help. Way back when I used the foam that came out of my speaker boxes. Or you could buy a foam matress and cut it up accordingly. I appologize for my gorilla tacticts.

Back