Desk Placement in Relation to Instruments

Mo13

Hi, I’m new and I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm trying to double my rehearsal space as a recording/mixing space. My room dimensions are mostly 24'1"L x 14'10"W x 7'1"H. There is a roughly 3' x 24'1" section that drops down to 6'5"H. The yellow in the photo is where I plan on placing my mixing desk which is about 9' from the wall opposite of the instruments. But I'm not sure if that's the right place to put it in the room or whether i should have it aimed toward or away from my instruments. I have a blanket to deaden the drums and sound hole covers for my acoustics. I will also put something in between all the guitar strings if needed. I plan on making bass traps for all the corners in my room as well as two to replace the ceiling tiles above where I place my desk(which are marked in blue in photo) and two on either side of my desk. I also have an accordion door(marked in red) and support beam that I'm not sure are problems or not. If anyone could let me know what issues I need to address, where I need to add more acoustic panels, or anyways I can improve my plans at all any help would be greatly appreciated. ThanksIMG_5605.pngIMG_5587.jpegIMG_5586.jpeg

Back