battery and phantom power?

If you accidentally turned on phantom power while there was an optional battery installed and the mic still works, I suppose you are good to go. I wouldn't recommend trying to run phantom into it with the battery installed for a long period though (not sure why you would need to - if you absolutely must have phantom running out whatever channel the mic is plugged into, remove the battery :))

I've used Rode condensers that have a battery and accidentally turned on phantom and they survived, but that's just one brand. I'd stear clear of running both (just seems like a bad idea, however, anyone designing a mic that can take either probably should anticipate that this might happen - whether they do anything about it or not is another story)

Should be no problem for a short time. If you left it on for a long time you might find out how much non-rechargeable batteries hate it when you try to charge them.

Robert D said:
Should be no problem for a short time. If you left it on for a long time you might find out how much non-rechargeable batteries hate it when you try to charge them.

The batteries will only be harmed if the mic is defective or the design is seriously deficient.

Back