Bats Brew funk: "Poppin' Tight"

Nice funk and jazz fusion elements on display here - everything sounds real clear and separated in the mix as well. i guess my only criticism would be that the entire track more or less stays at one pace....which come to think of it isn't such a bad thing considering the short duration. Good job!

Nice funk and jazz fusion elements on display here - everything sounds real clear and separated in the mix as well. i guess my only criticism would be that the entire track more or less stays at one pace....which come to think of it isn't such a bad thing considering the short duration. Good job!
alright frank! thanks for listening man...
you know, as short as it is, it's really just kind of a bridge between the 1st song on the album, and the 3rd...
in the album context, it makes a lot of sense.

i had a lot of fun tracking this one...
and it gave me a chance to try blending my iridium and bass IR with a sansamp bass di, and figuring out crossover points to use, and amounts of eq and compression, all that stuff.
ended up using the iridium for the higher eq, and the sansamp for the lower eq. higher in the mix with the iridium, blended in the sansamp below.

Hi
Great Funky Soul groove & the Recording is top class
would love to hear this with some vocals

subvibe
thanks subvibe... yea, it'd be dead easy to put some vox on it,
maybe i'll revisit that idea down the road. re-purpose the song...

Hasn't this been posted before?
MAYBE, did you miss it the 1st time?
i know a bunch of people missed it

these things hit the bbs, and sometimes just fall right off the page, before others even get a chance to see them.

sometimes they're worth bumping, and usually people are glad for it.

i'm glad you are interested, though, some folks don't even bother bothering.

Back